How do I clear the cache on the Watch 4 ?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Trying to update a watch face that I paid the premium for. My watch seems to keep installing from the old cache files.

Is it through an app like Facer? If so, I had to completely clear all data from storage before the watchface would make a clean install. You could also clear the cache from the Wear OS app and Gear Manager app just for good measure.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Is it through an app like Facer? If so, I had to completely clear all data from storage before the watchface would make a clean install. You could also clear the cache from the Wear OS app and Gear Manager app just for good measure.

No, it's that Pilot One watch face deal. The guy has updated it twice in the past two days and I still can't get the premium features to unlock.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
No, it's that Pilot One watch face deal. The guy has updated it twice in the past two days and I still can't get the premium features to unlock.

On your watch, try going to settings>apps>permissions>then scroll down to find the watchface and select. Once you've selected, tap each area and grant permission. I have had watchfaces not work completely in the past on Wear OS because, for whatever reason, the permissions weren't prompted to be granted.

Worth a shot anyways, then maybe reboot the device.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
On your watch, try going to settings>apps>permissions>then scroll down to find the watchface and select. Once you've selected, tap each area and grant permission. I have had watchfaces not work completely in the past on Wear OS because, for whatever reason, the permissions weren't prompted to be granted.

Worth a shot anyways, then maybe reboot the device.

Thanks, it didn't make any difference. Maybe the publisher will figure it out sooner or later.