How do I fix, mute symbol next to Contact's text thread

A

AC Question

Good evening, ladies and gents. I have samsung S6 and for some reason, a mute symbol now appears over the time of the last text I received from a certain contact.

I haven't blocked this contact and in it's settings, both the ringtone and the message tone are the default, however, since it showed up (naturally) I don't receive any sort of notification when it sends me a text message.

Can anyone help me?

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I was looking through three actual contact settings and also through the settings in the text messages app itself and I couldn't find it! I don't even know how it happened in the first place!

Leehamptons

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for explaining how to get rid of the mute symbol. That has been bothering me and I couldn't figure it out. I don't even know how notifications got turned off in the first place. If I had seen your post first, it would have saved me much aggravation. Thanks Again!

Datoneguy

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Wow cool thanks I've had my S6 for over a year and never knew about this setting. I am curious however, how the heck did it turn on because I have never clicked that little arrow. There must be some type of shortcut to activate it.

Cece26

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue but here is the fix..
1) open the text of the user
2) click on the down arrow beside their phone number top left (conversation setting should open)
3) change the notification setting (if the setting selector is grey then they are muted)

Your welcome!

1st time able to help someone on a forum

Done

Thank you!!

Mtnmankeith

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
FRICK-ing thank you. Somehow "pocket-changed" this setting for wife's texts and spent an hour on my own trying to undo it. Ugh. Great that there are still people helping just for the sake of being helpful to strangers.

karanann

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
2) click on the down arrow beside their phone number top left (conversation setting should open)
3) change the notification setting (if the setting selector is grey then they are muted)

Your welcome!

Done

Just had this happen to me with my daughter's text. Thank you for the solution that really worked!!! Karanann

Last edited by a moderator:

donnyblaze

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I recently muted a group conversation and deleted the thread by accident. Now I receive no notifications and can't see the group chat at all. Any idea where I can change the settings of a deleted thread?

Samone Watts

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Your welcome!

Done

Thanks girl! I was wondering why I wasn't receiving any of my friends messages!

whitneyrose

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much! This worked! Not sure how it got turned off in the first place :/ thanks for helping!

Your welcome!

Done

Alan Straughan

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site

Your welcome!

Done

Fixed! You are a hero!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21