How do i get this SPECK case off my Tabs 10.5? ARGH!

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I usually use a Logitech keyboard and case but took a long trip across country and wanted a lighter case. Bought the Speck. Okay purchase.
Now I cannot get the device out of the case. I found the YouTube video by SPECK that shows how but that does not work. It literally starts pulling the tablet screen away from the sides.

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
well beyond that. This case is so tight, that the corner of the screen starts to separate before the case does. Looks like I need to find a way to CUT the case off.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I just watched a video on the Speck website, which shows how to remove cases, tbh it just looks like any old case, start at the corner and force the tablet out. If the screen is coming loose from the actual tablet, it sounds like the tablet is broken, perhaps the case is holding the device together?

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Tablet is new. Corners will not budge. I have discovered this is a huge issue with this case with the Tab S 10.5. Wish I would have known before I bought the case. Went to Best Buy and the guys there were afraid to try to get it off in fear of damaging the tablet.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Tablet is new. Corners will not budge. I have discovered this is a huge issue with this case with the Tab S 10.5. Wish I would have known before I bought the case. Went to Best Buy and the guys there were afraid to try to get it off in fear of damaging the tablet.

That's rubbish - sorry to hear that. Are you just going to cut your way out of it?

mspm47

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
SOLUTION.....
Use an old credit card to get between the case and tablet. BE CAREFULL. Do one corner, then another. This case is being returned as it does not allow access to micro sd slot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
SOLUTION.....
Use an old credit card to get between the case and tablet. BE CAREFULL. Do one corner, then another. This case is being returned as it does not allow access to micro sd slot.

Thanks for the follow up. I take it the device wasn't damaged for the removal?

ChuckDizzle4Rizzle

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
I can't for the life of me get this speck case off of my Samsung Galaxy tab s4. Anyone here figure this out yet? I was thinking of trying to find something to shove in one of the holes on the side and pry it out but I know the back of the tablet is made out of glass so I decided not to go this route. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't for the life of me get this speck case off of my Samsung Galaxy tab s4. Anyone here figure this out yet? I was thinking of trying to find something to shove in one of the holes on the side and pry it out but I know the back of the tablet is made out of glass so I decided not to go this route. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

This is for the Tab S 10.5, you've got the Tab S4. We don't have the case in question, nor would it be likely that this device has the same issues. I would go to the case manufacturer and ask if there is a recommended way to remove it from your Tab S4. They may have a trick to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress