How do I know my Android's running on 64 bit?

disman00911

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but I have a question regarding game apps being compatible on 64 bit devices. Here's an article about Android apps switching from 32 bit to 64 bit.

I have a 5-6 year old Samsung Galaxy Tab A device with 1.5 GB RAM and plan to buy a new Android Tablet in the near future. I just found out a few weeks ago that one of the games that I currently installed, the polarizing Mario Kart Tour, won't be compatible with my device when it when it has a major update next month and will only run on 64-bit devices. I currently cannot install another Nintendo app, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, as it is incompatible with my older device. There are a few other apps that I can think of that I can't install due to compatibility issues, like Pokemon Go or Asphalt 9.

My current device has a 64 bit system but is run on 32-bit mode. Also, my current device only updates to 7.1.1 and can't update any further for some reason as the most recent Android OS is 11. How do I know that the new Android that I plan on buying can play games that require 64 bit? For example, if I were to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7 (which has Android 11 OS and 3 GB RAM), am I certain to play apps that require 64 Bit. How do I know whether or not it's running on 64 bit mode or 32 bit mode. Any answers? Thanks.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but I have a question regarding game apps being compatible on 64 bit devices. Here's an article about Android apps switching from 32 bit to 64 bit.

I have a 5-6 year old Samsung Galaxy Tab A device with 1.5 GB RAM and plan to buy a new Android Tablet in the near future. I just found out a few weeks ago that one of the games that I currently installed, the polarizing Mario Kart Tour, won't be compatible with my device when it when it has a major update next month and will only run on 64-bit devices. I currently cannot install another Nintendo app, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, as it is incompatible with my older device. There are a few other apps that I can think of that I can't install due to compatibility issues, like Pokemon Go or Asphalt 9.

My current device has a 64 bit system but is run on 32-bit mode. Also, my current device only updates to 7.1.1 and can't update any further for some reason as the most recent Android OS is 11. How do I know that the new Android that I plan on buying can play games that require 64 bit? For example, if I were to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7 (which has Android 11 OS and 3 GB RAM), am I certain to play apps that require 64 Bit. How do I know whether or not it's running on 64 bit mode or 32 bit mode. Any answers? Thanks.

As for the updates not coming to your current device - that's on Samsung. Samsung has chosen not to support the device with OS updates any longer.

As for the 32-bit vs. 64-bit question - I have the Tab S7 and it appears it's running 64-bit. I'm using an app called CPU-Z to find this out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay