How do I organize my music?

A

AC Question

How do I organise my music

I have a samsung s6 edge. My music is stored on the stock music player and also the google music player. The stock music player is what I want to use to connect to my car through a USB and not Aux but the music is stored by songs and not albums. How do I change it to albums? Also new albums I have downloaded are in Google music app but not the stock music player. How do I get them into the stock music player?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I organise my music

Welcome to Android Central! Car stereos might organize USB-stored music based on metadata (i.e., the album/artist info embedded in the file), or based on the folder structure. If it's only showing a whole lot of songs in no apparent organization, then it's probably based on folder structure. In that case, connect the phone to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to reorganize your songs using the standard folder hierarchy of Artist>Albums>Song.

Music downloaded directly from the Google Play Music app are for offline use by that app only--it can't be read by the stock music app. You have to download the music to your computer from your Google Play Music library site, and then copy those music files to the phone via USB (following the folder hierarchy I suggested above).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane