How do i start with launching my own Netflix like website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelina1274

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have an idea of starting my own VOD business. There are many options available to go for launching it. Someone please provide some valuable suggestions/ways to start creating my own Netflix like site.

thing-william

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have some experience with those kinds of services and it's quite time consuming. Nowadays you can use amazing services like AWS and to at least build a proof of concept shouldn't be that hard. If the traffic is relatively low you can even self host a solution just to validate the idea. The tech stack is not the hardest part - it's content. A problem involving a slow tech stack is a good problem, that means there's demand. A great tech stack that's not used is the worst scenario.

A suggestion might even to be to buy an off the shelf solution that works OK for low volume traffic just to get started and then level up once you have traction. The key is still content - can you engage users? Will they return? Will you retain them? Do you produce content yourself? Do you license/purchase other's content?

The point is, don't focus too much on tech at this point and try to validate your idea of content, because that will be your differentiating factor in the end. Good luck!

william1316

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I would say that opting a readymade solution would be a wise choice to start a business like Netflix. Try out Contus Vplay this will make sure in checking out the necessities that are required to build a website like Netflix. Here you experience many value added revenue driving features that can be implemented with full customization as well. It comes with various monetization strategies like pay per view, Advertising, subscriptions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hooded88