How do I stop widgets from appearing on my lock screen?

Sedita9

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
Usually it is the smart remote widget that appears, even after I've set the app to not do that. Annoying, but not a huge deal. However, sometimes, it is a Facebook widget that appears - that scares me. Why lock my phone if it is going to make a personalized app like that available to anyone who picks it up? I have searched settings high and low and can't find anything to turn off. Has anyone else had this happen and know how to fix it? This has been happening for a couple months now.

Update: 2 days ago I decided to try the only thing I hadn't yet tried. I disabled the smart remote app. Not sure why that app would throw up a Facebook widget - seriously, was it programmed by a petulant teenager? (You don't like my widget? Fine, have a Facebook widget.) Well, petulant teenager has been grounded and so far, so good. No errant widgets have appeared on my lock screen. Fingers crossed, will update again if they reappear.

Update: Almost a week later and no unwanted widgets. If anyone else is experiencing this, the answer appears to be: disable smart remote app.

Last edited: