How do I transfer music and apps from my Samsung Galaxy 3 to my Samsung Galaxy 6?

emarlenel

May 25, 2015
Visit site
transfer music and apps from samsung galaxy 3 to samsung galaxy 6

I bought a Samsung Galaxy 6. The sales person said he transferred all files from my Galaxy 3 to my new Galaxy 6 but my music files are missing. Also, he told me I could "find" my apps from the Galaxy 3 in Google Play under "my apps" but I have found no such thing. I suppose I could connect both phones to my computer and transfer the music that way and download all the former apps again. Is there a better, easier way?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: transfer music and apps from samsung galaxy 3 to samsung galaxy 6

1. Are you using the same Google account on the 6? The apps in My Apps are by account, so if you're using a different account, you have no apps in that account.

2. Use App Backup & Restore to back up the apps (including AB&R itself) on the 3, copy the folder (App_Backup_Restore) to the 6. Find the folder with My Files, find AB&R and tap it and it'll install. Then you can use it to restore all your apps.

3. For music, doing it through the computer is probably the easiest way. If you have your music by artist/album/track folders, copy the whole folder structure (Music, or whatever the top level folder is), so it will be the same in the 6 without your having to create loads of folders manually.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Did you try to use Smart switch app? It transfered all my files seamlessly and I had well over 3,000 music files...

Posted via the Android Central App

LOLWOWJason

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Why do not you download again...When i change a new phone, i download everything first and i think it is faster than transfer from my old phone...

emarlenel

May 25, 2015
Visit site

1. Yes, I am using the same Google Account.

2. I did go to "Backup & Restore" on 3 and saw that "back up my data" is checked. I plugged both phones into my computer. On my 3 I checked folder under "Samsung BrR", looked in "BR" and it is empty. I looked back on my 3 and found the notation that "no apps are connected to your Google account." What happened? Does this mean I have to redownload all my apps? What can I do to make sure this does not happen again?

3. While both phones were attached, I copied my music files from 3 to 6. They seem to be ok.

Thank you so much for responding. Any other suggestion re apps would be appreciated. Thanks again.

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

You can also try airdroid, copy your music to your pc and then to your s6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay