How do I view all pictures of text message thread as slideshow?

jamesmeier555

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I used to have an iphone and when I tapped on a picture in a text message thread, it would open that image as part of a slideshow of however many other pictures were on that thread. With my HTC one m8, when I tap on a picture in a thread, it opens that single image. Is there any way to easily access all pictures on a long messaging thread all at once?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use Hangouts as your SMS/MMS default app, you can do that by just tapping into any MMS conversation and sliding left and right to see the history of pictures/videos/audios sent in that conversation.

If you're looking for a 'hub' view like iMessage does, I haven't seen anything like that in Hangouts or the stock messaging app, but there might be other 3rd party apps that have that.

rochaedkj

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you are using the stock messaging app simply touch the part where the date appear and you will get a window with message options, just click on "view slideshow" and you can scroll thru or pause on specific picture. The only thing I see is that the quality of picture is lost when using slideshow :'(

jamesmeier555

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried doing that and the only picture that becomes part of the slideshow is the one I clicked on. Is there some slideshow setting I have to change?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure there are more pictures in your device from that thread? The slideshow is only for the selected thread and if the images were deleted from your phone, well, they're not going to show up there unless re-downloaded (as long as the MMS is not expired, you can re-download it).

jamesmeier555

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It's a thread between me and one other person and we have over 100 pictures in the thread between us that are not deleted. I have tapped on about 20 different pictures in the thread and selected view slideshow. When the slideshow pops up, the picture never changes, and the scroll back/forward buttons are disabled. the only options I can select are "pause/play" and "save". Of course, when I hit pause/play and wait quite a while, nothing happens and image doesn't change.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So weird... can you try switching to Hangouts for SMS (you can always revert back after the test) and see if the same thing happens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur