How do S-View Covers Work?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have only seen them available online. Check out Amazon or the Spigen site directly. Even after a while, without the clip, the case will not fully close on its on. The clip is a must. Keeps it closed all the time.

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

I was an early adopter of the Samsung case, when the Spigen case came out I bought it. The chip was bad and it would only go into S-View mode on occasion. 3 replacement chips later and it worked flawlessly. Then after only 3 months use, the hinge crumbled. I am back using the Samsung case. It's a shame as I liked the extra protection of the Spigen and the locking front. But I am not going to throw more money at it. Plus in only about 6 more months we should expect the Note 4 (or at least I hope so).

WinePress

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I like s view cover, mine has no problem closing even after folding back for very long periods of time.

The only thing I dont like is that I can't see the notification LED with the cover closed.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I decide to get the Spigen Clip with my S-View case. I like the case, but I don't use it for my everyday case.
uploadfromtaptalk1397770426164.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1397770482971.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1397770524407.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397770550257.jpg
Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

bombadillo

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link to the one you bought?

I ordered a knock-off S-View off of Ebay today for $6.50. They have all the colors Samsung offers, have the magnet, the chip, and full S-View capabilities. Even reviews saying that people had it working on 4.4.2. I'll let everyone know how it is once I get it (I bought from a reseller in California instead of China direct, costs $1-$1.50 more, but shipping is much faster). From all the pictures it looks identical to the Samsung covers (which I have handled and will compare quality with).

- - - Updated - - -

Power button or open and close. If it responded to movement (the way Moto X active notifications do) that would be an awesome addition.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I decide to get the Spigen Clip with my S-View case. I like the case, but I don't use it for my everyday case.
View attachment 113261
View attachment 113262
View attachment 113263View attachment 113264
Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

Like everyone, the thing that really miffs me is the S-Cover not folding flat on the display especially after using the phone with the cover folded back after typing on the phone for SMS, social chat, etc. Not seeing the LED notifications is another kink.

The looks of the S-Cover, for me though, makes up for all these downsides. I've three other various cases, but the S-Cover is what I've been using the longest since I finally purchased it. Took a while because of the hefty price, but finally bit the bullet and never looked back.

I saw this Spigen magnetic clip accessory, and it seems to be a good solution in keeping the cover stay put, but it totally ruins the professional look of the S-Cover for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the S View Cover at all. Besides looking pretty, one drop (on something like concrete) while the cover flaps open and our beloved Note 3 is a goner (or at least dented).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

MichFou

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Man, I almost purchased this tonight. Really wanted to. The case looks slick and doesn't add much weight or heft to the phone. And the S View window access is really fantastic.

But as I expected, typing on the phone is just impossible, unless you fold the front cover all the way behind the phone. Do that dozens of time every day and I doubt if the case will not show tears on the spine's top and bottom edges after some time. And for the price of this case, that'd be a damn shame.

Unless others who've had it for months now can confirm that theirs are still pristine and without tears even after hundreds or thousands of times of folding the cover all the way back, I might revisit this case again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been using the Note 3 with this cover since the phone was first released. And I am a full-fledged hardcore user, always on my phone, always working or gaming. This case has held up VERY well, not showing any signs of wear/tear. I would recommend it. Well worth the price.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry should have said. When I fold the front right back the phone goes into the mode it shows when the cover is closed.

Like I said, you probably have a fake. If you are certain it is genuine then return it because it is defective.