How do you remove/uninstall native Mail app in Galaxy S6?

Malcolm McKinley

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I want to use the Gmail app only and I did try uninstall the native Mail app in the applications manager but it is still working in the background even though it no longer shows up in the installed apps list. Very frustrating!
Any suggestions!
Thanks.
MM.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I want to use the Gmail app only and I did try uninstall the native Mail app in the applications manager but it is still working in the background even though it no longer shows up in the installed apps list. Very frustrating!
Any suggestions!
Thanks.
MM.

Leave it in the App Drawer.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Remove your email account from it. I use nova launcher so I can hide the app from the app drawer.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
What the OP is saying is that even when he is not using the Mail app he can't disable or remove it, same happens with me, my emails are all managed by Gmail and I don't want the email app running but there is no way on the S6 (maybe this TouchWiz version) that allows to at least disable it, problem is that even when you never set an account you can go to your Apps running (Application Manager) and you will see Email Sync and Email Storage running in the background, obviously wasting resources.

Sorry but it seems that without root there's no way now to at least disable it.

neato

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Seems you can't uninstall the app because in my phone is part of the OS, I installed a 3rd party mail app and stopped sync on the native email app that seems to be working, it's been a while since I received email on the native app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2