How does everyone organize your galleries?

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
With a new phone I want to try and start being more organized with my photos. It's annoying to be showing someone pictures and then have random or work pictures mixed in while you're swiping through. I'd say I take 3 main categories of photos. 1 Personal (family, landscapes, etc), 2 Work (serial numbers, documentation, etc), and 3 Random/Temporary (license plate #'s, wifi passwords at hotels, measurements, etc).

When you open up your gallery, you see every photo you've taken. Do I need to create albums and manually move every photo I take after I take it in order to stay organized? That seems like kind of a chore? Is there an easy way to tag the photo into one of those categories as you're taking it? How does everyone else do it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I either use albums or by date, depending on what I'm doing.

When you open up your gallery, you see every photo you've taken. Do I need to create albums and manually move every photo I take after I take it in order to stay organized?
I'd find it easier to use a file manager to create folders, then move the picture files to them, but doing it Gallery will work too.

That seems like kind of a chore?
It's a computer - they make programs for that - in this case a file manager.

Is there an easy way to tag the photo into one of those categories as you're taking it?
They usually go to /DCIM/Camera, unless you (or the camera app developer) have changed that.

How does everyone else do it?
With a file manager. (Total Commander, if you hold the phone in landscape mode, gives you dual windows, so you can drag and drop.)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I create albums. I take all sorts of pictures. Then at the end of the day (not every day) I get the pictures and move them to specific albums i.e. Food, Flowers, Travels, Tech, Pets etc.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Simple, the best photo service takes care of that. (Google Photos)
Automatically creates albums, I can easily search by person, location etc. Never bothered to manage after started using Google photos. It does an amazing job.

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
You can also create an app pair, make both apps 'my files' then open one in the internal memory and the other one SD card, then drag and drop using the Spen. Also, using the Spen in 'gallery' you can hold the button down while dragging across a bunch of photos to select them all at once to make moving them much faster.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I organize my albums by what they are and by phone.. Memes, Disney, note 8 camera, note 8 Screenshots, note 8 downloads, for each phone I have, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf