How does Google Pixel XL battery life compare to iPhone 7 Plus?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So yet again I am looking to get some more information regarding the Google Pixel XL. I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus and had absolutely phenomenal battery life. I got almost 11 hours of on screen time today. I have been off from grad school because of fall break and have been doing A LOT of research on the Google Pixel XL today. Can anyone who has the phone speak to the battery life of the Pixel XL? Below are my iP7+ battery life results today.

2fe6c11427727cbff71ac65b7c889cf5.png
2bf7de3ea96acab2d570e24c34be415b.png

May 3, 2015
Visit site
So yet again I am looking to get some more information regarding the Google Pixel XL. I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus and had absolutely phenomenal battery life. I got almost 11 hours of on screen time today. I have been off from grad school because of fall break and have been doing A LOT of research on the Google Pixel XL today. Can anyone who has the phone speak to the battery life of the Pixel XL? Below are my iP7+ battery life results today.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161021/2fe6c11427727cbff71ac65b7c889cf5.png//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161021/2bf7de3ea96acab2d570e24c34be415b.png

Does iPhone show sot? That's the important stat.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

I am 99% certain that is what the "on screen" words are below each app on the list. Which by my calculation would make sense because I have been on my phone since I woke up. Day off and doing some research. Literally have been on my phone watching tv lol

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a 6S Plus and I would say they are very close. Plus being just slightly better. Keep in mind there's rapid charging for the pixel, which the iPhone takes twice as long to charge. Also, The Pixel has a 2k display on top of it.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I think it's the usage part that people go by. I'm not sure how much that equates to SOT. 11 hours is a lot.

Answering the OP question, it's hard to say. From my experience the Iphone 7 plus and previous Iphones have excellent standby time, but when you start using them heavily, they can drain just as fast as Android phones. Since I've charged my Pixel XL earlier today to 100% so far I've got about 3 hrs SOT and have 49% left. I will probably never use it this much again in such a short period, so it's going to do very well for me.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea I don't won't to go against the op, but I think basing the stats the way you would on android is mis leading. They obviously don't equate the same. For example it says that you had the screen on for 51 mins on call. I highly doubt you had the screen unlocked and just on the dialer for almost an hour. The readings are very different from an android device so it's kind of hard to group them the same way.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I contacted Apple and they said that the little words below each app in the list shows the time that each app was in use by me. To me, that equates to SoT. I sat in my chair all day and was on my phone. Only got off when I ate lunch and dinner. I think it is probably pretty darn accurate.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I think it's the usage part that people go by. I'm not sure how much that equates to SOT. 11 hours is a lot.

Answering the OP question, it's hard to say. From my experience the Iphone 7 plus and previous Iphones have excellent standby time, but when you start using them heavily, they can drain just as fast as Android phones. Since I've charged my Pixel XL earlier today to 100% so far I've got about 3 hrs SOT and have 49% left. I will probably never use it this much again in such a short period, so it's going to do very well for me.

But that's a pointless metric. My 6p gets 12 hours since last charged... but I only get 2.5 hrs sot.

TavisB

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Apple and they said that the little words below each app in the list shows the time that each app was in use by me. To me, that equates to SoT. I sat in my chair all day and was on my phone. Only got off when I ate lunch and dinner. I think it is probably pretty darn accurate.
It's not the same. Period.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
OP really? I have a iPhone 7+ and it does not even come close to 11 screen on time.

My battery life is amazing but come on, 11 hours screen on time?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
OP really? I have a iPhone 7+ and it does not even come close to 11 screen on time.

My battery life is amazing but come on, 11 hours screen on time?

Indeed. I was amazed as well but having been connected to wi-fi the entire day I think played a role in it. I shared the screen shot because I knew people would think I was joking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC