How enable an ex ATT phone to set up a hotspot?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On certain phones originally provided by AT&T (eg ZTE phones) there is a problem - when unlocked and used on another network there is embedded AT&T software which blocks the phone from using the hotspot function. When you try this it produces two error messages, white on a black screen. The first refers to 'temporary network problem, try again later' and the second refers to settings error, please call 612 (or an alternate number when calling from overseas) or directs you to web address at AT&T. Since you now have no valid AT&T account you can't log in there. The helpline can't help you either - I tried, expensively! Can anyone advise how to deal with this. I tried disabling the AT&T Hotspot app, it makes no difference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
On certain phones originally provided by AT&T (eg ZTE phones) there is a problem - when unlocked and used on another network there is embedded AT&T software which blocks the phone from using the hotspot function. When you try this it produces two error messages, white on a black screen. The first refers to 'temporary network problem, try again later' and the second refers to settings error, please call 612 (or an alternate number when calling from overseas) or directs you to web address at AT&T. Since you now have no valid AT&T account you can't log in there. The helpline can't help you either - I tried, expensively! Can anyone advise how to deal with this. I tried disabling the AT&T Hotspot app, it makes no difference.
Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154