How fast is this phone?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I find that after I rooted I no longer have that drawing problem, except when I reboot

There's some features in apex that makes it easier to do after root

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

im gona root soon.
what method did u use mate?
i read something about a no computer method which would suit me down to the ground. any1 got a link 4 that?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
settin up nova prime now.
already i can tell how fast it is. havend made any folders yet though but got dock,clock and gestures set up exact same as on Go :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Comparing the thunderbolt to the s3 is not really a fair judgement. You are comparing 2 year old technology with today's technology coupled with totally different skins. For me, HTC phones are always slower because of the skins that htc put on their phones. Im no fan of touchwiz either (immediately switched to nova launcher), but i have to say its leaps and bounds faster than the thunderbolt.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
settin up nova prime now.
already i can tell how fast it is. havend made any folders yet though but got dock,clock and gestures set up exact same as on Go :)

You will not be disappointed with prime. Its extremely smooth and very fast. Probably the best purchase I have made.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
phones do fast, that half the time I don't use the recent apps hold home thing. I click home then the app and its faster than using the multitasker. Phone is blazing. Can't get.much better than this.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
phones do fast, that half the time I don't use the recent apps hold home thing. I click home then the app and its faster than using the multitasker. Phone is blazing. Can't get.much better than this.
try "dock4droid" app mate, no holding any button, just touch edge of screen and a set amount of recent apps pop up with some pre-defined ones that are always there and glide thru them with ur thumb + let go when the app you like is highlighted to open it.
its so slick, fast and pretty man just take time to play with settings and get it perfect :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
try "dock4droid" app mate, no holding any button, just touch edge of screen and a set amount of recent apps pop up with some pre-defined ones that are always there and glide thru them with ur thumb + let go when the app you like is highlighted to open it.
its so slick, fast and pretty man just take time to play with settings and get it perfect :)

I have. I liked it but I went with wave launcher. Basically the same thing, except this one is more wavy lol and it comes off the dock so to speak. Truly reminds me of webOS. You can bring the dock all the way to the top of the screen or wherever. I like that.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349705370251.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349705370251.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 22

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks man ill give it a bash later :)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Dock4Droid is nice and you may like it better but being flushed to one side of the screen is an unfortunate deal breaker for me.

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
im gona root soon.
what method did u use mate?
i read something about a no computer method which would suit me down to the ground. any1 got a link 4 that?

I don't have a link, but if you can install Odin and root it that way, you can do everything else from the phone. After you root with Odin flashing a Stock root rom, you can download ROM Manager to flash ClockWorkMod, which then allows you to boot into recovery and flash roms you've downloaded.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
By your description I would just stick with the iPhone 5. If we're talking about benchmarks the iPhone 5, S3/Note 2 are about the same. In most cases the Note 2 wins, and then the iPhone 5 and S3 are about even. The S3 being compared is the one with the Exynos 4412(?) quad core, so the American variants probably don't stand as much of a chance against the iPhone 5.

The S3 has a decent battery life, probably in the top 10 of the longest battery life in phones currently, but I don't its good as an iPhone's battery life. I just got my hands on a CDMA iPhone 4 with a bad esn, and I was amazed at the battery life. 100% with Airplane mode on after a good 8 hours of sleep. I let kids play minecraft on the iPhone 4 for a hour and it only went down 7-8%, while my S3 would have gone down to a lower percentage.

It's hard to choose an Android phone over an iPhone if you're looking for a phone with a great battery life and little bugs. While all phones have their own bugs, what I noticed (IMO) is that the bugs occur due to the apps itself. The developer will update an app and it will kill the experience. I have about 10 apps right now that I am not updating due to the many bugs that are occurring on that version.

I chose the S3 because of the difference of design and size compared to an iPhone. Although the looks of a phone is not everything and may not be important to everyone, it was a big decision. Most phones have Dual-Core SoC's, this had 2GB of RAM, and I liked the design.

I personally get almost 1 Day and 12 hours of battery time with my phone usage.

DOOKJOY6869

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Haven't really figured out what it is, but I get pretty good battery life, no lagging, no problem with apps, and I'm using the S2. Now my carrier (Sprint) isn't the best, (love the unlimited plan though), but overall my phone runs smooth and I USE it. My sister runs that other phone, and complains. I say find a way to give it a go and see how the S3 works. Kind of like a car it depends on your driving style as to what your experience could be. If you have a lead foot like me your mpg. will not be as good as the Sunday driver. I think it comes down to what you need and use the phone for that may have a factor on what will work best for you.

Elaldeano

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Listen man, keep it simple. I just went from ios to Android and you notice the difference for sure. Both good and bad. What I hate about Android is the battery. I hate the fact that my phone can do do many things but I have to disable them in order to have a descent battery life but then again I love the big screen. So it all comes down to preference.

The 'one thumb' by Apple is true. You can barely type on this phone with one thumb. But the freedom to do what I want with this phone also beats ios. Widgets are nice and if you can't live without then, then android is what you want.

My suggestion is: buy iphone full price and try it 14 days and return it. If you didn't like it then go for gs3

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to choose an Android phone over an iPhone if you're looking for a phone with a great battery life and little bugs.
From what I can tell, very, very few people have experienced more than a few small bugs with their S3 so this isn't really true. And the difference in battery life isn't that much in Apple's favor. Unless you're really obsessed with having the best battery life available.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
a dude on here's friend has it mate. dont know where it is and isnt released yet though. havent seen any ad's on UK tv yet..
..or for ip5 surprisingly...
the s3 was HEAVILY advertised here

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, very, very few people have experienced more than a few small bugs with their S3 so this isn't really true. And the difference in battery life isn't that much in Apple's favor. Unless you're really obsessed with having the best battery life available.

Where the hell in the quoted comment did I say anything about the S3 having a lot of bugs? If you read the whole post carefully you would have realized that I said the S3 has only a few minor bugs at best, and majority of the bugs are from the apps/developers that break an app every few updates.

Also the difference in battery life is in Apple's favor. While an S3 gets at best 1-1/2 days of juice per charge, an older iPhone 4 can last days on hold. I can leave my S3 on airplane mode and it will still drop a good amount. The iPhone 4 which went from 99% to 91% from playing minecraft, and I left it alone with airplaine mode on since then and it only has dropped to 84%. You're comment makes me look like a S3 hater, and someone who does not like my S3, while it is the very opposite. The OP stated what are important to him, and I just stated my opinion. I'm not obsessed with battery life, nor is it a top importance to me. I said that the S3 is probably int the Top 10 list of longest battery life. Did you not read that also?

Way to go and F up my mood even more after watching a video on human trafficking. Maybe you should read everything carefully before you go on to frame me into something that I didn't mean.