How is the speaker volume on the DROID TURBO 2?

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
What is the speaker volume and quality like on this phone compared to the Moto X Pure or a One M8/M9? I use my phone for music a lot, and a loud, good sounding speaker is very important to me. I was surprisingly pleased with the Moto X Pure in this regard compared to my old M8. The speakers are really the only thing holding me back from looking at now switching to the Turbo 2.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I came here to ask this question in relation to the Nexus 6. First time I have front facing speakers, and I've been very impressed.

MarkSBaines

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
But the MXPE has dual stereo speakers, the Droid T2 only has one at the bottom for music/video playback apparently. Can't be the same sound surely?

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Both of the speakers play sound and it is pretty loud. On par with my M8 for loudness. Stereo quality on the M8 way better though.[Correction...only the right speaker plays]

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The DT2 external speaker is only the bottom right speaker.

Play something and take turns covering the speakers.

Its loud, but it's only one speaker

Moto Droid Turbo 2

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The user manual calls the two opening on the bottom "audio ports". It could be that they are splitting sound with treble and midrange sound coming out of the right opening and bass coming out of the left one?

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
The speaker for calls, is it favored to one side like the T1 or is it center? It took a while for me to get used to favoring the top right side while on a call. It also was uncomfortable when I wear my glasses and forget to hold it right so as to not interfere with my glasses.

How is it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I've got a MXPE and a Droid T2 right here side by side checking the very same thing,I can hardly notice any difference to tell ya the truth.

You just made my night as the MXPE is freaking awesome and I thought the T2 may be a downgrade. I usually stream via BT to powered speaker or car audio but on rare occasion I rock out on the front facing speakers.

Regarding the question of the N6, the MXPE was far superior when side by side with the original N6. If the T2 is in the same ballpark as the MXPE then it's a winner.