How is your HTC One battery performance

dannyspeed

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Here is a updated battery history after the original problems. Off an overnight charge at 7:45am now 11:47pm got 6% left after medium usage throughout the day. I think that's really good. I've never had any phone to last this long.
ha4umyqa.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
fwiw I also saw that since it's a polymer battery it takes longer than usual to charge. I think I read that HTC has removed the quick charge, so it will charge to 80% fast and then the last 20% slow to preserve the battery since you can't just swipe it with another 1 down the road

ChazTyldsley

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I get 14-15 hours with battery saver on ALL day. Wifi seems to stay on constantly even with battery saver on when my phone is idle for long periods of time. In battery usage it says HTC Sense 61%. It's the worst performing battery I've ever had coming off an iPhone 4 and lumia 920. It just about lasts my full day away from home but I'm having to charge it when I get in so it can make it over the finishing line before bed. Again this is with power saving never turned off.

My usage consists of whatsapping and messaging throughout the day and some music play.

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I get 14-15 hours with battery saver on ALL day. Wifi seems to stay on constantly even with battery saver on when my phone is idle for long periods of time. In battery usage it says HTC Sense 61%. It's the worst performing battery I've ever had coming off an iPhone 4 and lumia 920. It just about lasts my full day away from home but I'm having to charge it when I get in so it can make it over the finishing line before bed. Again this is with power saving never turned off.

My usage consists of whatsapping and messaging throughout the day and some music play.

Somethings wrong with yours then, mines twice as good as my old iphone 4.

sent from my awesome HTC One B-)

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Some people said google now drain your battery a lot.

That used to be a problem way back when

I don't think it's an issue anymore

For me with sense HTC phones, the issue is always stopping the auto updates of streaming info they always want you to have.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ChazTyldsley

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you should be getting a lot longer battery life based on the description of your (light) usage. Something isn't stacking up.

Also, Sense shouldn't be using such a high percentage of the total power consumption. You might want to check some of your settings.

Another thing you can try is to install another launcher (like Nova Launcher) and see if it improves your performance.

Post a screenshot of your power consumption would be helpful.

7Jn.png

Currently on 82%, power saving constantly on, came off charge about 10am. Done some messaging, listening to music and viewed 1 snapchat just before taking this screenshot.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm just looking to make it from 8 am to 11 pm on a single charge. I would consider my usage medium and I'm always on WiFi at work or home. I also have a charger at work. So if it starts to go fast during the day then I can charge but I prefer not to have to. If I cab make it through the day I'm fine. I don't need 22 hours on a single charge and 6 hours of on screen time. It would be nice to have but not a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Android Central Forums

ChazTyldsley

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Can you upload the screenshot with the graph?

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

IJn.png

55% at this point after 6hr30 with power saving enabled since taking it off charge. HTC Sense still said to be using a large amount. What's a normal usage for HTC Sense from other One users?? Any help appreciated.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Batteries lose charge capacity over time and cycles so that's an issue.

When the S3 sad new, I would get 4 hours of screen time aka actual use.

Now I'm getting 2:30 to as much as 3 with brightness all the way down

Good thing is all I have to do is change the battery, what do you do with the one?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Uh.....plug it in?

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have used Google now for quite a while now and it isn't a battery drain. Also, live wallpapers generally don't drain your battery that bad as well. Like another mentioned, check your wakelocks. I had a problem like that years ago. It helps to check every once in a while after installing a bunch of apps to make sure everything is running properly. You seem to be using it normally to me. I have a one x and have never really been impressed with the battery. Honestly I feel that is one area HTC still hasn't got right.

I also unplug my phone at 630 in the morning and don't usually go to sleep till 11 or 12. I can tell you with my usage if I don't charge it at all it will be down to maybe 5-10% or dead at the end of the day. Needless to say, I always end up leaving it charged at work. :/ another reason I think I'll be going back to Samsung.
Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
NFC will help drain your battery if its on. Also it takes about 5 to 6 days ro condition your battery. If it doesnt get batter take it back and get another one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's Blinkfeed? Not sure. You don't seem to have any obnoxious wakelocks. I figure its probably Blinkfeed related.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Oriol FM

May 10, 2013
Visit site
What I don't understand is how I'm getting a graph like this on my One:

HTC+One+-+1

Blinkfeed sync is set to manual and only when in Wi-Fi range. I also disabled Facebook "live updates". I don't get why is the phone always awake.

bcraw902

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just read one of many posts in the forums about battery life for HTC One. I just bought mine a couple days ago, And I have a few questions that I would be very appreciative if you would answer. So, First of all, A little information. So I just reccently bought my HTC One, And I've had absolutely no where's close to as great battery life as other users who use their phones much much more then myself. I work 8 hour shifts where I turn my phone off for the majoirty of the time and yet I still feel as I'm getting terrible battery life.

I've read various posts and watched several videos on how to conserve battery and I've done almost everything they've mentioned. I constantly end all applications through multitask and downloaded a task manager/killer. I've noticed that several of my apps are still running after I close them, And understand that several are mandatory to run to ensure notifications and such from some apps such as Facebook Messanger and email. So for example, Right now I have everything closed through multitask (but Google Chrome) and I ran my task killer and killed everything. The following apps usually start running after I do so.

- Maps
- Messenger (For Facebook)
- Rdio??? (Music app, Has been exited and killed, Hasn't been opened for the past 2 hours even)
- Google Chrome (Of course)
- Outlook Mail
- Cyberon Voice Commander
- Settings

So this is what usually opens, Sometimes Music also will be opened randomly without me even using it for quite some time. I have my brightness very low, my keys vibrate when I touch them, and I also have an app killer that constantly kills apps upon screen closer and reopening. I don't understand why a couple of these are running constantly (Rdio, Settings, Cyberon). My battery was completely 100% charged this morning when I left for work. There's no service outback where I work, and no WiFi as well, So I turn that option off and the whole device I power down. I don't understand why at the end of the day I power on my device with 80% battery or less for practically no use other then a quick check of the weather, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a couple texts messages. Especially when my phone was powered off.

I don't think it would be a battery issue as the phone is brand new out of the box. I was wondering what you can advise me to do to help improve my battery life. I couldn't imagine trying to get a days use out of this battety, Yet every post I see boasts about the great compacity of the HTC One's battery. If you would like any additional information please don't hessitate to ask. Like I said, I always close all of my applications and have my settings tuned so majority of the features on the phone are shut off or toned down. I don't have sync on anything as well.

I've heard about device rooting to delete applications that are junky such as Cyberon Voice Control, But I'm also afraid that it would interfere with basic phone duties such as Google Speech in search or other seemingly built in HTC One features. When I'm actively using my phone as you could imagine, The battery dies fairly quickly. I have no idea what to do and I'm stuck with a very lovely phone with a seemingly terrible battery life for the next 3 years.

Let me know what you think. Help me!!!

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I just read one of many posts in the forums about battery life for HTC One. I just bought mine a couple days ago, And I have a few questions that I would be very appreciative if you would answer. So, First of all, A little information. So I just reccently bought my HTC One, And I've had absolutely no where's close to as great battery life as other users who use their phones much much more then myself. I work 8 hour shifts where I turn my phone off for the majoirty of the time and yet I still feel as I'm getting terrible battery life.

I've read various posts and watched several videos on how to conserve battery and I've done almost everything they've mentioned. I constantly end all applications through multitask and downloaded a task manager/killer. I've noticed that several of my apps are still running after I close them, And understand that several are mandatory to run to ensure notifications and such from some apps such as Facebook Messanger and email. So for example, Right now I have everything closed through multitask (but Google Chrome) and I ran my task killer and killed everything. The following apps usually start running after I do so.

- Maps
- Messenger (For Facebook)
- Rdio??? (Music app, Has been exited and killed, Hasn't been opened for the past 2 hours even)
- Google Chrome (Of course)
- Outlook Mail
- Cyberon Voice Commander
- Settings

So this is what usually opens, Sometimes Music also will be opened randomly without me even using it for quite some time. I have my brightness very low, my keys vibrate when I touch them, and I also have an app killer that constantly kills apps upon screen closer and reopening. I don't understand why a couple of these are running constantly (Rdio, Settings, Cyberon). My battery was completely 100% charged this morning when I left for work. There's no service outback where I work, and no WiFi as well, So I turn that option off and the whole device I power down. I don't understand why at the end of the day I power on my device with 80% battery or less for practically no use other then a quick check of the weather, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a couple texts messages. Especially when my phone was powered off.

I don't think it would be a battery issue as the phone is brand new out of the box. I was wondering what you can advise me to do to help improve my battery life. I couldn't imagine trying to get a days use out of this battety, Yet every post I see boasts about the great compacity of the HTC One's battery. If you would like any additional information please don't hessitate to ask. Like I said, I always close all of my applications and have my settings tuned so majority of the features on the phone are shut off or toned down. I don't have sync on anything as well.

I've heard about device rooting to delete applications that are junky such as Cyberon Voice Control, But I'm also afraid that it would interfere with basic phone duties such as Google Speech in search or other seemingly built in HTC One features. When I'm actively using my phone as you could imagine, The battery dies fairly quickly. I have no idea what to do and I'm stuck with a very lovely phone with a seemingly terrible battery life for the next 3 years.

Let me know what you think. Help me!!!

First off, I'd start by downloading gsam and seeing exactly what is consuming the battery. You did not mention doing that. Secondly, I wouldn't use a task killer, those often make matters worse. You also might try a factory reset and start from scratch and slowly add apps back in over time to find the offending one(s) giving you trouble. In other words, don't reset and then junk up the phone with a bunch of stuff. Go slow.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how awesome my battery life really is but it seems to get me through a day no problem. What do you guys think? Any advice on saving more battery? GPS and all of that is turned off. Sleep mode is enabled after the phone has been off for a while. Both WiFi and Data. Any advice is welcome! (Battery guru is also on in the background.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-11-11-56-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-11-11-56-52.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 37

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4