How is your phone with a low signal?

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I live in a poor signal area regardless of network. For me I'm happy with s21u as it does WiFi calling and my old phone didn't.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have Xfinity mobile, so I almost never am without service. My phone automatically connects to any wifi thanks to my service contract.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My note 10+, note 20U, and S 20U all suck on low signal. My fold 2 keeps on trucking in the same areas the above crash.

I have my WiFi calling turned off. I pay Verizon to provide my calling service, not my internet company. I'll turn wifi calling on if I'm like on vacation in the woods and need it, other wise Verizon can provide the service I pay for. Verizon and other carriers are good at passing the responsibility of what they sell onto other companies, such as data. It's actually genius of them to do that, sell a service and encourage you to use another provider services to get what you are paying Verizon or any carrier for. I'm sure WiFi calling is being implemented for 5G as 5G has less coverage.

Anyway, following to see if I get any real answers from real situations, not in the city if Samsung has improved their signal issues yet. They got it on the fold 2, don't understand the notes and S 20U issues. I travel, and the fold 2 is the only one that won't drop calls in the same exact areas the others do, I can tell who I'm talking to with the others right when I'll be calling them back, fold 2 keeps going. So it's not a carrier issue, it's Samsung.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Coming from the note 20 on TMobile I definitely see a drop in signal but no dropper calls yet do it could just be the bars I thought but installed an app and it is much lower

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Service with Verizon 5G on S21 much worse then my Pixel 4 that I owned prior to this. So far very unimpressed with 5G and Samsung Galaxy S21. Will be going back to Pixel 6 once released for sure. Lots of issues with this Samsung

Last edited:

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I get the (/) a lot more than I did with the note 10+. The phone seems fine in the strong areas, but if I travel in a weak area where my note 10+ would hold on, the S21u cuts completely out.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
What app did you install? And what data reset did you do?
Here is the setting I reset
b5676b4c6facc69cac8c91d119640b84.jpg