How long will it be until the Note 7 is available for sale again?

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Whatever happens now the Note 7 will always be known as the exploding phone. Has to have a major effect on sales and resale prices.

How many fruitfones have blown up or caught fire? Samsung got out in front of this and took care of it, crApple covered it up and denied any problems.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I love my Note 7. Waiting on Verizon to get replacements. No phone but this phone for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kermy

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
How many fruitfones have blown up or caught fire? Samsung got out in front of this and took care of it, crApple covered it up and denied any problems.

You know, that's funny in a way. Samsung is recalling the exploding Note 7s but people will now associate the Notes with explosions, but for the most part, no one gives a rats *** about any iPhones that have caught on fire.

DanRomania

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, to go back on the topic, Samsung Romania just confirmed the date of 19th of September. They said that people who already have the phone can go to replace it and the ones who preordered the phone and are still waiting for it *me*, the same date applies. So, two weeks from now we'll be seeing the Note7 again in the stocks ready to rise *again* and shine. Hopefully this time without any hardware/software problems *fingers crossed*. Although I hardly believe they could afford any more bugs, from both the financial and reputation point of view.

kimbiles

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just chatted online with a VZW rep...and not that I believe this, but he told me that the Note 7's wouldn't available in VZW corporate stores until September 30th for replacements.

So, I said - "but we only have until September 30th to exchange without having to pay the restock fee, right?" and he said yes. So, I said "Do you mean to tell me that the new phones won't be in until 9/30 and we only have until 9/30 to exchange, meaning that EVERY one of us with an older Note 7 are supposed to rush into the VZW store ON September 30th to swap?" His answer was that I could exchange for something else in the meantime and then come after 9/30 to exchange for the new Note 7.

Again, I don't believe it. That's ludicrous.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I just chatted online with a VZW rep...and not that I believe this, but he told me that the Note 7's wouldn't available in VZW corporate stores until September 30th for replacements.

So, I said - "but we only have until September 30th to exchange without having to pay the restock fee, right?" and he said yes. So, I said "Do you mean to tell me that the new phones won't be in until 9/30 and we only have until 9/30 to exchange, meaning that EVERY one of us with an older Note 7 are supposed to rush into the VZW store ON September 30th to swap?" His answer was that I could exchange for something else in the meantime and then come after 9/30 to exchange for the new Note 7.

Well at least you have that option. I bought mine at Best Buy. They are telling me to hold on to it and keep using if I want a replacement. They will not offer a temp solution until they come in.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I have it direct from a Samsung representative that they will be made available next week for purchase and if you had a pre order or back order that you get first dibs and also if you have a defective one you can replace it with a new tested safe Note 7 I can upload my conversation with the Samsung rep if anyone needs further proof!

I think it's always a good idea to have some kind of proof. Please share.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

That is ludicrous just like you said...
Samsung has already stated that the folks who already own the N7 will get there phones exchanged before the N7 is released for sale to the public again... Replacements for current owners will available before the 30th.... Verizon will start selling to the regular public on the 30th...

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I have just cancelled my pre-order with Carphone Warehouse (O2 UK) as they told me on the phone the definite date of October 21st and that syncs up with what they list on their site.

Am still going to get the Note 7, my 24 month Note 4 contract is fully honored in November. I cancelled as it was the only way to get my Early Cancellation fee refunded

Barbara H

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I hope you are right. I was just up at the Verizon store and was told that the new N7s would not be in until October. Since Verizon customers only have until the end of September to return their phones, that means I will have to return my N7 and wait in line just like anyone else to get the new N7. There was no mention of giving N7 owners priority. I was also told that I could not get another phone in the meantime. As I was informed, you can only return one phone and even though the customer service representative agreed with me that this was not a return but a recall, Verizon will not provide a phone until the new N7s are in. As I was told, if you choose another phone, you've bought it. Only one return is allowed and Verizon is considering this recall a return.

Last edited:

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Does anybody know if we have to bring back the note 7 box/charger/adapters or just the phone when we exchange? Will we be getting brand new, in the box phones?

Angie Wort

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I left Apple when I got my S5 because they tried to sell me a refurbished phone when all my iphone needed was to clean out the charging port. I have the note 7 and love it. I have not been using quick charge overnight, but just the time it needs which is 1.5 hours and it has never heated up on me. I am waiting for the replacement because if you turn the phone back in to AT&T then you aren't going to be able to take the S7 or another phone until the Note 7 is available again. You will be stuck with whatever you replace it with. AT&T made it sound like you get get and S7 and when the Note 7 is back on the market then you could get it, but when I asked for it in writing it's not available. However, you sign another contract on whatever replacement phone you get. NOPE I'M waiting. I was told my Samsung the end of this week the replacements will start being available. I imagine that is when they will be shipped.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile may get theirs as early as next week. I think you have You Check with your carriers. I would think within 1 to 2 weeks. I'm a little concerned about them being able to resolve the issue for certain in this short of a timeframe. Hopefully they really test those new batteries

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm worried about the promotion. The deadline is Sept 18th. I want to return this 6s Plus and get my Note7 again and want to take advantage of the free 256 GB card.

Barbara H

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Only those who bought their phones through Samsung (their website) will be getting theirs exchanged first. They will be getting their phones sent directly to them from Samsung. Those of us who bought our phones through our carriers have to return them to the carrier and then wait until the carrier gets them restocked in their stores. The carriers are not saving the new phones for those of us who preordered our phones.