How long will it be until the Note 7 is available for sale again?

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I read an article today in The Wall Street Journal regarding the recall of the note 7 and Samsung stated that they were not prepared to acomdate 2.5 million phones, that were sold!...
Samsung doesn't have enough parts!... This is Based on the article that I read.... This is going to be a long wait!

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it's time to chalk this one up guys. It was a great phone but I don't see it coming out again for months. I'm gonna have to go with the iPhone 7 plus and see what the Note 8 brings. It's a shame as it was my first Note Series phone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry this is just BS. Is this person dead from the neck up??? Who in their right mind plugs a possible faulty phone in an outlet and leaves their home with it not being attended to. Sounds like he thinks he got lucky and get a new house out of it. Sorry guy, you are at fault not Samsung.

There have been three apparent Note 7 events that keep getting recycled to the point of propaganda.

Garage fire that appears dubious from the article and not verified

Jeep fire that appears dubious and not verified

Child hurt that appeared dubious and verified false (still sad). Interesting thing is the grandma wasted no time contacting the news and saying it was a Note 7 when it was not.

Whatever happens now, the damage is done. Even if it turns out the touted events are false, the damage is done. People that have no clue about batteries are feeding the frenzied hysteria. War of the Worlds radio with a Note 7.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this will take months. I believe the CPSC will issue a recall before the end of Sept. The CPSC does not test products. They approve of the recall and approve of the compensation and plan of action for the recall. Samsung is responsible for showing that the product is safe. As long as Samsung can show that the problem is only with batteries manufactured at their Korea facility, then they can sell the phone with good batteries. We will more than likely see phones on sale in other countries within the next week or two. Samsung is still manufacturing phones and parts are on order. Once the CPSC approves their plan of action and goes over all of their data and reports, the recall begins and phones go on sale here in the US. They should have renamed the phone to instill consumer confidence IMO.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Other posts here on Android Central stating the replacements are here at the stores ready to go. Just waiting federal approval- where originally they said 7-10 business days which puts it as early as this Fri Sept 16, and as late as Mon Sept 19. This falls right in line with what I've heard from local reps and on the phone with VZW before the govt got involved. Now just the ok from Uncle Sam. I'm going with Black this go round over the silver-tiniest scratch on the back, sticks out like a sore thumb.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Other posts here on Android Central stating the replacements are here at the stores ready to go. Just waiting federal approval- where originally they said 7-10 business days which puts it as early as this Fri Sept 16, and as late as Mon Sept 19. This falls right in line with what I've heard from local reps and on the phone with VZW before the govt got involved. Now just the ok from Uncle Sam. I'm going with Black this go round over the silver-tiniest scratch on the back, sticks out like a sore thumb.
What makes you think the approval process is just 7-10 days?

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
The CSPC said it would make it's decision on the replacement Note 7's within 7-10 days. And this was back in the 8th.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Online I saw a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus certified Tmobile used, fornjustb429 and 17/mo. 0 down. Contemplating that one.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The CSPC said it would make it's decision on the replacement Note 7's within 7-10 days. And this was back in the 8th.

This is inline with typical situations... no, the hoverboard was not typical... As for being prepared to replace 2.5 million phones... they didn't sell 2.5 million phones. It is closer to 1 million. The Chinese don't count, and Samsung didn't expect to sell 5 million in the 1 year life cycle.. they certainly didn't sell 2.5 million in the first 2 weeks.

rtwright68

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm pulled the ripcord and am getting off this crazy train. I turned in my Note7 on 9/7/2016 and changed to a 7Edge. Not happy with the phone at all (it's ok, but not a Note). I want the Note experience (I did have a Note3 way-back-when). Did some research and picked up a new Note4 and will get the 7Edge returned before the two week window, will use my 256GB memory card, and have 6.0.1 to work with. Good enough for what I use the phone for. I have my work iPhone 6S+ and the Note-whatever was always intended to be my personal device.

That will run me 1/3 the cost of a Note7, so I will use that phone for a year and see what happens with any newer versions. Not concerned with the iris scanner, IP78, and losing the edge features. Note5 was an option but no SD and removable battery, so that was off the table.

Lesson learned about going with a newly released model like this, what a bummer.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung has now officially said the new Note 7's will be available no later than September 21st.

That's for replacements I believe. How many here are going to jump the the S8 Edge? it seems Note users jump to the Edge, then buy the Note when the new one comes out.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
This is directly from the Samsung website:
"Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016."
The way I read it is that after taking care of the exchange program participants, new Note 7's will be avaiable to buy no later than September 21st. But that is just my interpretation.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That's for replacements I believe. How many here are going to jump the the S8 Edge? it seems Note users jump to the Edge, then buy the Note when the new one comes out.

I don't want an edge. The Note 7 having a smaller edge is acceptable to me. Barely. But even with Jump I'll stick to the Note series. Maybe by the end of September new customers can purchase them.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This is directly from the Samsung website:
"Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016."
The way I read it is that after taking care of the exchange program participants, new Note 7's will be avaiable to buy no later than September 21st. But that is just my interpretation.
From the official Samsung email I received:

"Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016."

Chatted with BB as well... They're going in order of their reserved list that they've been actively creating ....

I expect the stores will hold on to stock for at least the first week to provide immediate replacements. I.e. if you're looking to buy and you're not on a reserve list or with a loaner, then you'll most likely have to wait to purchase.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm pulled the ripcord and am getting off this crazy train. I turned in my Note7 on 9/7/2016 and changed to a 7Edge. Not happy with the phone at all (it's ok, but not a Note). I want the Note experience (I did have a Note3 way-back-when). Did some research and picked up a new Note4 and will get the 7Edge returned before the two week window, will use my 256GB memory card, and have 6.0.1 to work with. Good enough for what I use the phone for. I have my work iPhone 6S+ and the Note-whatever was always intended to be my personal device.

That will run me 1/3 the cost of a Note7, so I will use that phone for a year and see what happens with any newer versions. Not concerned with the iris scanner, IP78, and losing the edge features. Note5 was an option but no SD and removable battery, so that was off the table.

Lesson learned about going with a newly released model like this, what a bummer.

I like your style!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I like your style!

I did the same thing and chucked the Note 7 for the Edge the other day and now replacements are out, but I'm just sick of the whole ordeal with this phone and the Stigma that's with it now. The Edge is a great device and if rumors are true and the Edge 8 is out in Feb then I'll probably get that then. I'll have an S7 and S7 edge to trade in which will eat a lot of the cost! I would expect Samsung will really beef the S8 Edge up after the Note 7 debacle to try and win business back. I would expect a lot on this forum will dump the N7 for the S8 Edge when it comes out like they done the last two years when the edge comes out and then will end up buying a Note later in the year when that's out.

Brandon Moore6

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Whatever happens now the Note 7 will always be known as the exploding phone. Has to have a major effect on sales and resale prices.

Nope. It is a fantastic phone and I only returned mine because Samsung said to. I had no issues with it. Never an indication of a possible meltdown. I will gladly buy a new one when they are available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali