How many times have you dropped your Note 5? Case or no case at the time?

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
3 times so far with a UAG case with zero damage, same here the s pen ejected twice which I hate. I wish there were more cases with an s pen port cover.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
In a few months dropped it once on vinyl flooring. I use the Poetic Affinity case which is about perfect in terms of slimness and drop support. In any case, not even a scratch. BTW I find it helpful to master the 'droppedphonefootmaneuver.' Which is probably instinctive anyway...when you drop your phone try at least to have it landing on your foot to offer a bit of a cushion since your foot offers more 'give' than a solid surface. I actually have more accidents with my pair of glasses. I might have my hands full and my hand for some reason (probably to adjust the glasses) will flip my specs off sending it tumbling to the ground....which is too often concrete. Sometimes with damage. Such a klutz with those things.

Nsh222

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I dropped my Note 5 only once from when I bought it.
It fell off a Sofa just 45 cms high/ 1.5 feet high, it fell on the tile below. I discovered a Dent next to the speaker corner. I was using Samsung's Original S-view cover, as the phone fell it flew out of the cover and bounced twice. Very disappointed with no safety of that case (inspite of being pricey). Since then I shifted to Spigen case and never looked back at S-view and clear view case. It was just a 45 cm drop.

That Dent still haunts me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have not dropped my phone since my note 3,,the tempered glass screen protector saved it.

I'm one up on you.. Only phone I ever dropped was my Note 2. I tool it out of the case and got out of the car and it hit the driveway on the corner. First and only dropped phone and I cracked the screen.

jsbcarman

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Four times, no case, no damage, case coming tomorrow 😁 just a inexpensive spigen one. Don't like the bulky ones

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I haven't dropped the Note 5 yet, knock on wood. However, over the course of the year I had my Galaxy S5 I dropped it twice due to my dog jerking his leash while I was on the phone when walking him. He weighs 251 pounds and can really pull. Fortunately, not a scratch on the Galaxy S5 thanks to the Tech21 case with D3O compound. And the phone landed hard on concrete.

Needless to say I wrapped my Note 5 in a Tech21 Tactical Case on day one.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Dropped mine in the kitchen the other day had a standard clear gel case on but it landed on the corner where the cutout for spen is and its gt minimum scratches near the pen. Nearly Had a heart attack when s pen wouldn't come out it was stuck inside it went in more than it normally does. But i took a needle n managed to bring ot out n its working fine now.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im so bummed.
On Monday i was sitting in passenger side of my friends car. My phone slid out of the pockets of my sweat pants and fell between seat and door. I didn't think anything of it since it was less than a foot drop (if you would even call it that) Later that night i noticed a crack on the back of the phone.
Bottom half, going from left to right. Sucks because ive dropped my phone from higher, on harder surfaces and walked away without a scratch.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I always keep mine in a Redpepper waterproof, shock proof case. I keep it on a phone mount in my 18 wheeler's dash. While I have never dropped it, I did hit a pothole at 45mph once. The phone popped out of the holder and went out the window. I pulled over, thinking it was destroyed for sure.

I ran back to it and the case was pretty messed up. To my surprise, when I pulled the phone out of the case, it was perfect. Not a scratch, ding, or crack anywhere, and the phone still works perfect. Although , I did have to buy a new case.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Twice. Both times it was in my lap getting out of my truck and it fell to the ground after bouncing off of the running boards. Luckily Spigen and Ringke make good cases. No damage. Knock on wood.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Dropped it once with a gel case on but the case had a big gap for s pen and it landed on tht corner gt a few visible scratches near where the spen is. Soen gt stuck in there too which got me worried but i had to use a needle to bring it out and its working fine now.

So people looking for new cases make sure the cut out for s pen is not too wide.

Screenshot_2016-02-19-15-16-02.jpg

View attachment 216922
This is the case i was using.

Love my Note 5

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Only have had mine a couple weeks, and it's been dropped countless times lol. I have 2 kids and 2 big dogs. Seems like one of them is always knocking it out of my hand, off the counter, etc. I have a tempered glass screen protector and Tech21 case on it, so its survived without a scratch!

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Fortunetely not even once!...I put device always in case and generally I'm very carefull with note5. It is a wonderful smartphone.

Posted via my Note5 Silver titanium

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Have not dropped my phone since my note 3,, my glass screen protector shattered but the screen was mint. Never dropped my note 4 and so far same with 5.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
A couple of times with a spigen liquid crystal case...not a scratch on it
Hope that the internals are okay lol