How often do you switch ROMs?

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering after several months reading this forum: How often do folks switch to new ROMs? I have the EL29 GB, rooted and have stripped the bloatware from it. The phone is stable, reasonably fast and a lot of fun to use. With all the problems I see with the various versions of Android, I can't imagine using anything else for now. This is not meant as a criticism...I enjoy tinkering with guitars and bicycles....when something works, I tend to leave it alone. I also looked at QBKing77's review of ICS and JB and I am still not convinced it is that different or more functional.

Any insight from the regular flashers? (pun intended)

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I flashed a different rom every couple weeks on my old phone, but I've only had my E4GT for 2.5 weeks. That being said, I did flash 4 different roms in one day trying to find a stock based one I liked, but I just couldn't stay away from AOKP :eek: I'll probably be on it for a while. Or until I get bored...

Sent from my SPH-D710

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Like the post above. I was switching roms sometimes several times a day trying to find "the one." Then I found AOKP. It has been on my phone ever since minus a few hours here and there trying out jellybean builds but AOKP is seriously amazing and well well worth the upgrade. It's really like 5 roms in 1 since it is extremely customizeable and it is also just as stable, if not more stable than stock GB was for me at least.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Like the post above. I was switching roms sometimes several times a day trying to find "the one." Then I found AOKP. It has been on my phone ever since minus a few hours here and there trying out jellybean builds but AOKP is seriously amazing and well well worth the upgrade. It's really like 5 roms in 1 since it is extremely customizeable and it is also just as stable, if not more stable than stock GB was for me at least.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme

What build did you use? Is it for an galaxy s2 epic 4G?

Last edited:

third son

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...I thought there would be more responses. Let me rephrase the question. What is your favorite ROM and how many different ones did you try before you found your daily driver?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3