How on earth can you go to another phone after the HTC One (M8)?

T Blanc

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Day 5 of gold M8 after 18 months with galaxy's3 and couple of iPhones before that, have to confess the phone is awesome, great design and premium looking phone against any other, have unlocked into developer mode to increase performance, loving the battery life.....Will see how many friends I can switch over the next few week

All those whining about the camera........ if that's the main reason why you bought this beauty best go swap it for a Z1 or S5. Reality check, you wanna take quality picks buy an SLR, don't let this minor issue put you off,I'm sure all those Z1 users are taking great picks on a less quality phone.

Posted via Android Central App

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm so spoiled by this phone. Everything else feels so slow to respond now that I've had the M8 for a couple weeks. When checking out the competition at the store, I'm sooo glad I got the M8.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm so spoiled by this phone. Everything else feels so slow to respond now that I've had the M8 for a couple weeks. When checking out the competition at the store, I'm sooo glad I got the M8.

There is nothing better than having the phone you feel is the best for you.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3...yeah, its spectacular.

quanitc

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a theory:

I swear the ads, which ALWAYS show HTC Blinkfeed, are putting some people off. I think some people think its some kind of unusual Windows Phone/Android mashup. If they started doing ads with just the stock launcher, I honestly think they would do much better.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I choose the Nexus 5 over the M8. 30 grams lighter. Camera is arguably better. Speakers are irrelevant to me.

30 grams is hardly noticeable imo. Definitely not something I would base my phone buying decision on.

I think you might be alone on the camera statement. Nexus 5 owners are notorious for claiming the camera isn't good. Not that you won't get good shots out of it, but you will definitely get better ones from the m8.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To each their own and enjoy your phone!

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
30 grams is hardly noticeable imo. Definitely not something I would base my phone buying decision on.

I think you might be alone on the camera statement. Nexus 5 owners are notorious for claiming the camera isn't good. Not that you won't get good shots out of it, but you will definitely get better ones from the m8.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To each their own and enjoy your phone!

30 grams is very noticeable. Most reviews will praise a phone for being light.

The Nexus 5 camera is probably overall better than the M8. Go ahead and look at professional comparisons if you disagree.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
30 grams is very noticeable. Most reviews will praise a phone for being light.

The Nexus 5 camera is probably overall better than the M8. Go ahead and look at professional comparisons if you disagree.

I don't need to look at professional comparisons, I am literally holding both phones in my hand. The m8's camera is better, at least from my experiences.

AirSupply

May 6, 2010
Visit site
The M8's design is a good direction toward the future while S5 is still using cheap plastic. Call me bias but I think the market has positively responded to HTC for their changes. There is still room for improvement, but they are heading to the right way I think

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sh!tting on this thread. I don't remember anyone asking you about your choice in devices. Have a great day. :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It's obvious that discussing the shortcomings of the M8 in this thread will only lead to angry exchanges from M8 fans/users. These forums aren't open discussion avenues. They are places that become hostile fast when someone has anything negative to say about a device. So yes, I'll be leaving this thread. I've already expressed my displeasure about the M8 enough.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't need to look at professional comparisons, I am literally holding both phones in my hand. The m8's camera is better, at least from my experiences.

Owning both phones isn't a be-all answer. In the comparisons I've seen online (sites making an effort to show both camera experiences) the N5 is the overall winner. M8 seems to only win in night shots, and not by a ton.

And with that, goodbye.

AirSupply

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Please not another camera fight guys. The majority of smartphone users use their camera for Instagram/FB etc pictures, and I believe that the M8 camera serves this purpose perfectly. I have never had any problem with my M7 and even M8 camera

Powarun

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Go for the next HTC flagship when it gets here next year. I'm loving it. Switched from an Iphone 5, and while the lightness from the 5 was missed, how small the speakers and display was is not. HTC really hit a homerun with this phone and I really hope it does well, looking forward to the next one.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Please not another camera fight guys. The majority of smartphone users use their camera for Instagram/FB etc pictures, and I believe that the M8 camera serves this purpose perfectly. I have never had any problem with my M7 and even M8 camera

Today agreed. This camera discussion and the people who bring up this dead horse are annoying. The camera is what it is. If the M8 isn't for you then keep it moving and let those who love the M8 enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

John Paul Triculis

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Today agreed. This camera discussion and the people who bring up this dead horse are annoying. The camera is what it is. If the M8 isn't for you then keep it moving and let those who love the M8 enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The thread is about how could someone move on to another phone, no? So that's how they could want a different phone. The one thing that would make me consider the S5 would be that its water/dust resistant. Otherwise they're so close. I just got my M8 today, coming from the M7. Too early to comment on much, but I'll see how the size change feels to me, otherwise seems like another solid phone. The camera isn't a huge deal for me, but the one thing I'm disappointed in is the buttons. When I move my phone the power button rattles and the volume buttons are loose as well. I may have to swap for another M8. Another beauty by HTC though.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Owning both phones isn't a be-all answer. In the comparisons I've seen online (sites making an effort to show both camera experiences) the N5 is the overall winner. M8 seems to only win in night shots, and not by a ton.

And with that, goodbye.

Lol at this

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I choose the Nexus 5 over the M8. 30 grams lighter. Camera is arguably better. Speakers are irrelevant to me.

-Do you even lift- Sorry I had too lol. The whole weight thing is subjective. "Personally" I would rather wear a expensive real 14k gold chain that has some weight. Than a 14k gold chain that's gold plated and looks nice but feels cheap.

Same concept with my phone device.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Armand2REP

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The BoomSound speakers, the premium build quality, the camera, and so on.

Loving the M8.

The M8 is worse in design than the M7 IMHO. It is too tall, lacks OIS and the finish is too industrial. The original form factor was better minus capacitive buttons.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
It's unfortunate how many people miss out on knowing just what a solid device the M8 is. I feel like it doesn't get the respect it deserves aside from the torrid love affair the internet has with it. I currently am using the M8, coming from an S5. For me, the M8 has all the things necessary to be my daily driver. However, I know I'm not your average use case and I think that's where HTC kind of loses out.

I appreciate a beautiful design. I appreciate a premium build. Given the success of the Galaxy devices, both the S and the Note, it's evident that the general public, even if they can appreciate the same things, might not put them high on their list of priorities when purchasing a smartphone.

Touchwiz may not be the fastest UI around, nor is it the most visually appealing (IMO), but it works. It's consistent. If you used it on the S2, you'll know how to use it on the S5. The same can't be said with Sense through the years. Don't get me wrong; I friggin love Sense 6. It's beautifully designed, almost flawless in function, and I actually use Blinkfeed. But they just started really giving this UI an identity and it's going to take time to get people on board.

I don't think this year is going to be a very successful one for HTC in regards to competing with the S5. It's unfortunate, but probably true. However, the One is going to gain traction and provided HTC continues on evolving this series, I think HTC could make their way into a direct competition with Samsung in a few years. There's only so long you can ignore such a great device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919