how to associate an app with a specific extension

guy_prz

Mar 17, 2023
Visit site
I have a samsung s21 phone with android 13 installed. I receive a file by gmail and it is named xxxx.sdtid. the content of the file is an xml structure. when I want to open the file, I am prompted for chrome or htmlviewer. but I want to open this file with authenticator securid. I also downloaded the file and in file explorer select open with have also only these choices. can I associate this file with securid or can I temporarily set-off the association with chrome/htmlviewer to open the files ones with securid. this need only to be done once, to import the credentials from this file into the securid app.
thanks for all info
best regards, Guy

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello and welcome to Android Central forums.

I went to SecurID's help page to look for answers. It says to import the credentials then offers 3 ways to do this, QR scan, URL import and emailed Link import. Each has a see more detail for the actual directions. You can find that at this link... https://help.access.securid.com/EN_U....html#Troubles

We can also move your post to either the app threads or the S21 threads where other users of the same app or device may be able to offer more insightful input.

Let us know if this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908