How to clear out downloaded update

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the update on release day. After reading that Netflix would break with the new update, I didn't install it.

Now I have a Notification: "System update is ready, tap to install the system update." How can I get rid of that? It's only a matter of time until I hit that notice by mistake. Can I delete the downloaded update?

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded the update on release day. After reading that Netflix would break with the new update, I didn't install it.

Now I have a Notification: "System update is ready, tap to install the system update." How can I get rid of that? It's only a matter of time until I hit that notice by mistake. Can I delete the downloaded update?

Use a file manager to look in your sd card Download folder, then delete it. I didn't download the gb update, but that's where I would look......

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Use a file manager to look in your sd card Download folder, then delete it. I didn't download the gb update, but that's where I would look......
Thank you for the suggestion, but I had already looked in there and I found nothing that looks like the update. No recently dated files, and the only apk's are ones that I recognize.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It wont be in that folder and you probably won't be able to find it. If you are that determined not tto update, bit the bullet, backup what you can and data wipe the phone. If you happen to go to 2.3 there is a possibly that you will have to data wipe for it to take as I read some peoples phone would be stuck in boot loops.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
@ illwood, thanks, there's no .zip file either.
@dumpedduce, thanks, I'll take the lazy persons' approach and to my best not to hit the Notification. I want the update, just don't want to lose Netflix.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
illwood, I saw that post earlier, but I read the response from someone saying it didn't work on their phone or their daughters, so I backed off.

Good to have a Plan B, thank you very much.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Good news. During an app update, I accidentally pressed the update for Gingerbread. It warned me that the update would make my phone unusable for 10 minutes, did I want to proceed. I said No. Then I was offered the option to delete the download! I said Yes and the Notification to Update is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174