How to clear system cache on 5X

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Apologies if this has already been asked - I am wondering if anyone knows how to clear the SYSTEM CACHE (not app cache) on the 5X.

A search in the 5X forum found nothing; Googling it got results that indicates the procedure varies by device - and I don't want to risk porking up my 5X.

Running stock 6.0 - and NOT rooted.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!!!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
re:

If you have the SDK installed:

Type adb reboot recovery, then choose "Wipe cache."

If you don't have it installed, turn the phone off. Hold down volume-up AND volume down, then the power button. You'll boot into the bootloader. Choose to start recovery, and then once you're in there choose to wipe the cache.

Phil is your friend. :p

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Re:

If you have the SDK installed:

Type adb reboot recovery, then choose "Wipe cache."

If you don't have it installed, turn the phone off. Hold down volume-up AND volume down, then the power button. You'll boot into the bootloader. Choose to start recovery, and then once you're in there choose to wipe the cache.

Phil is your friend. :p

Thanks, Phil!!

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

ermitico

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a Nexus 6P. Once I choose recovery mode, I end up with an android bot on its back with "no command" displayed, and no options to flip through and choose. My phone is completely stock... Thoughts? Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious... :-(

Posted via the Android Central App

ermitico

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So I tried that, but the phone just boots back to the Google logo. If I let power go at that point I'm back to the no command screen. Also I noticed that holding only volume down and power from fully off gets you into the bootloader menu. But I can't seem to get to the recovery mode from there...

Any other help or specific steps most appreciated! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

boxodonuts

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
When you have Andy on his back, hold the power button then click the volume up button momentarily and the recovery options menu will be displayed.
HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneup