[How To] Converting/Creating CWM2 & CWM3 Files Step by Step

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It probably isn't going to work simply because it was designed for the Vibrant.. Again this would be something that needs to be ported over to work.. Probably needs to have key remapping and other stuff done.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats the problem, the swype part is probably completely different size ratio's and all from our Epic's.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
well i found a keyboard i liked better... but i think i figured out how to make it work! (gonna try it and see... like you and Rag said, best way to learn is to experiment). . . im finally startin to learn ways around problems. no coding involved, just moving files and tricking system into doing what i want it to do. thanks again for the great cwm guide. been a huge help tonight.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
mass installing apps

i want to make a cwm file that will install my apps... like what roms do when they install with their own apps. do the .apks go in /system/apps or /data/apps of the cwm zip?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just make your flashable and place all the .apks (apps) in "/system/app/". If your flashing any framwork_res.apk or twframework_res.apk then those must goto "/system/framework".

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ive tried it like 4 times now. everything BUT my apps have installed. could it be because im using frankenstein rom? (idk if that would have an issue.. but it cant get them to flash).

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Spend a couple bucks on Titanium Premium... much more reliable than CWM for restoring things... you can batch reinstall apps or apps + data, or just check off the apps you want... really super easy...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
ive tried it like 4 times now. everything BUT my apps have installed. could it be because im using frankenstein rom? (idk if that would have an issue.. but it cant get them to flash).

If you followed my step by step tutorial on how to make the CWM flashables then they should flash. The only reason they may not be flashing is the versions of apps you have currently like GMail or Market, etc stuff thats updated frequently are newer and they automatically get overwritten before you even see them flash.

Otherwise you could be making a mistake somewhere. Send me a copy of your flashable if you want and I can take a look.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ooo. well that works just as well. i've been resorting to googling "blank cwm3 zip" in order to find it instead of looking through everything. i really like those big stickys taht have links to all the useful pages in them (like the rom/theme/kernel page. AWESOME idea.) saves a lot of time when hunting for new roms/themes to play with.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Paul- will these zips work to flash on thunderbolt, or do i need different file? (i'm running cwm3, orange text, dont know if im ext4 or not tho.. and dont know how to check.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heavenjean