How to create & keepwords in Galaxy S5 dictionary?

Steve Waring

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I use Smart Keyboard Pro. There is a small charge for it, but it is superb. There is a free trial. As well as being very customizable, you can edit the user dictionary. So not only can you delete words you don't want, you can correct those slightly misspelt. But much more, You can make words automatically have an uppercase first letter (Steve) or be all uppercase (USB) or have spaces in them (good for postcodes), and put in punctuation so that im automatically changes to I'm. Every now and then I scroll through the words in the user dictionary and delete any junk that has made its way in there. The customize customise functions are too extensive to list, but there will be some in there that you will love.

Vanessa Wirsche

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Your doing nothing wrong the people who made the phone are to blame

#Posted via the Android Central App

Not sure if you figured out. Omg. It was driving me insane. But I finally figured it out. Your keyboard has to be the Swype keyboard. The black and gray one. The Samsung one also does Swype but is not the Swype keyboard. So go to where you can select your keyboard and choose Swype. And this keyboard let's me save my words..:)

dms554

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried switching to the swipe keyboard and it didn't change anything. All the settings are properly set to save. I have words saved from prior to the 5.0 update but since the update words will not save.

ken4runner

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the same sort of questions.
i found the dictionary on my galaxy s5, took a lot of effort to locate it.
settings> (System) Language and Input > Swype >My Words > Edit My Dictionary

you can only delete words that you have already added.
which is ridiculous, but better than nothing.

there are some not very useful settings for it under
settings> (System) Language and Input > Swype >Settings
can turn off auto-captitalization and auto-spacing and also next word prediction.

the whole thing is hidden and very very feature LACKING.