How to do a factory reset thread.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
How do you backup photos? Want to back them up before I do a reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

Good your are thinking of this ahead of time.
I plugged mine into my pc and copied the two MOT folders to the local hard drive. They contain the photos. You could also email them or send them to Google Drive/Picasa.
All sorts of ways now to back em up.

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did my reset last night and everything went without a hitch.
Pics, apps, contacts were all restored automatically as soon as i signed into my Google account, didn't have to do anything really.
I did export my contacts to the SIM card and copied my pics to Picasa as backup just in case something went wrong. All my music is on Google Play so no problem there.
The only PIA is that you have to redo your settings for any utility apps you may have, re-arrange the apps on your home screen, go back and disable any junk apps you did before the reset and sign back in to any music, social media, etc.. apps. Other than that smooth sailing..so far!

jdazzle

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Moderate use. Facebook, twitter. Check emails when they come in. No game play really.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Battery life and responsiveness much better after factory reset.

Thanks guys!

jdazzle

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It was marketed as a Maxx (Ebay). The back looks just like the Maxx picture on Verizon's website. But the lady at my local VZW store said it didn't have a M on the back like all the other Maxxs. (It does have the Motorola M on the back in the middle but maybe there's another one she was talking about...although there's no second M in the 360 view on Verizon's website.) It won't fit in a regular Razr case just the Maxx case. And when I log into our Verizon account it's telling me I have a Droid Razr Maxx.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It was marketed as a Maxx (Ebay). The back looks just like the Maxx picture on Verizon's website. But the lady at my local VZW store said it didn't have a M on the back like all the other Maxxs. (It does have the Motorola M on the back in the middle but maybe there's another one she was talking about...although there's no second M in the 360 view on Verizon's website.) It won't fit in a regular Razr case just the Maxx case. And when I log into our Verizon account it's telling me I have a Droid Razr Maxx.
Sounds like a Maxx. You can make sure by Settings/About Phone.
I was just making sure you can expect a longer battery life. I have a friend with a regular Razr and he has really bad battery life.
Give it a few days and charges for the Android system to do it's thing. I wouldn't call what you did extreme and the battery should last longer. If it doesn't, I'd take it in or call VZW.

jdazzle

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
a6fbcad0-e9fe-226d.jpg

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
SickSadRebel - - have you tried the phone on 3G for a while to see if the battery life improves? Are you using any Smart Actions? Wifi also helps. What about brightness of your phone? is GPS off?

I just did a full factory reset (where it doesn't automatically add all your apps back). Right now I'm at 82% on 6h22m8s with 47m17s on screen. Not as good as before ICS, but still better than right after ICS.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

jdazzle

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Wifi normally stays off. Smart actions is off I think. Haven't tried the 3g bit but I do remember setting the screen to cut off as quickly as possible and lowering the brightness.

I got the Razr for the battery. This is depressing.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, either:
-Maxx is very sick and needs to be taken to the Big Red clinic.
or
-Maxx has some roque app running in the background that is eating up his battery.

Screen brightness?

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you try putting it on 3 g for a day and see if the battery gets better. Maybe be it's constantly searching for a stable 4 g signal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I must be missing something, where is the step by step to do a factory reset?

First page:
It's really not that big a deal:
-Make a pot of coffee.
-back up SD stuff on your pc or Google drive
-restore to factory : Settings, Privacy, Factor data reset...heed the warnings and follow the screens, it's very simple. Have a good charge, 40-50% and some time on your hand.
-Drink coffee.
-login into Gmail and it does the rest!
loaded all my apps back up from Play.
Updated everything for me.
Then, just login back into apps as needed, Redbox/Pandora and whatever.
Drag em into folders
VOILA your done!
Drink more coffee.

Still have to see if it helps with battery and reception.
I can DEFINATLY see it runs smoother though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow