How to do a factory reset thread.

W4ARF

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I may be missing something but I can't find a way to put it on 3G only. Just have 3 choices....1 LTE/CMMA or 2. GSM/UMTS and 3. Global

Am I missing something? BTW I am Running ICS

Thanks

Steve

ice crap sandwich

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
My phone hasn't worked properly since the update. I have tried factory reset using both methods and the phone goes through the motions but returns with my personal info intact. I have been through level 2 tech support with Verizon and Motorola to the point of the tech logging into my phone and trying it remotely. They are sending me a refurbished phone but I do not want to send this one in with my info on it. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just do a factory reset before sending it back--wipes all user data. And make sure the SD card is also wiped.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I may be missing something but I can't find a way to put it on 3G only. Just have 3 choices....1 LTE/CMMA or 2. GSM/UMTS and 3. Global

Am I missing something? BTW I am Running ICS

Thanks

Steve

Go to phone.
Type: *#*#4636#*#*
Select: Phone Options.
Scroll down.
Select the drop down box.
Select CDMA Auto (PRL)
Hit Back button.
Hit home.
Now you are locked on 3g.
Enjoy:)

-Isaac-

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Battery life still blows. Sad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had a lot of issues with my Razr Maxx after the ICS update in regards to battery life. I performed several factory resets on the phone and I also had a problem with notifications and alerts on the device. My alerts and notifications would work intermittently and my key-click sounds would work intermittently as well. I went into the local Verizon store to me, told them what was going on, as well as the battery life went down hill after the ICS update.. They asked me to do another factory reset, which I did even though I told them I did one already. The handed me a brochure to call for a replacement. They said, if the reset doesn't fix it, don't bother coming in, call this number and they will send you a replacement.

So, I did the rest with no positive results. I called for a replacement and had one in about 24 hours. I got the new device all set up and did a full discharge and recharge and now I can go over 30 hours on a single charge with moderate use, leaving wifi on, gps on, in 4G and not using smart actions.

I, like you bought the device for the battery life and was thinking that this phone sucked. It turned out that I just had a bad device. Now that I have a device that has no issues, it works great!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred