How to do "Hard Reset"?

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How do I perform a hard reset on my EVO? I'd like to wipe the phone 100% back to the way it came before I purchased it. (Minus Froyo, my understanding is that its 'stuck' at 2.2 now?) Anything else I should need to know before doing this? Will Sprint auto-reprovision it without me having to call them? Will I have any problems re-installing any apps I've purchased or will the market know I've purchased them and allow me to reinstall?

I have all my contacts out on Google so I am not worried about restoring those. The only other thing I can think of is saving some of my settings for games like Robo Defense and Lets Golf so I don't lose all my progress in those games.

The reason I am doing it is I am having some trouble with apps force closing that others have not reported on and the phone speed in general seems to be sluggish. So I'd like to give it a shot. I've also installed and uninstalled a lot of stuff I'd like to clean everything out.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Download the app ApprBrain. Go to AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and register. After that open the application and go to manage apps. Sync your apps. Make sure they're all there... Sync your Google contacts one more time to be safe, you can even export them to your SD if you wanna be in the safe side.. Then go to your homescreen.. Menu> Settings> SD & phone storage and all the way on the bottom you'll see Factory data reset. You're gonna lose EVERYTHING literally as if you just bought the phone. So make sure everything is backed up...

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
From the home screen go to Settings/SD & Phone Storage then you will see Factory data reset. This wipes everything so make sure you have your contacts and calender information backed up. All the purchased market apps will appear in the market downloads but free apps you will have to hunt those down again. Hope that helps

Later,
Dave

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What about the method some people said that required holding down keys while rebooting the phone? Does that not apply to the EVO or should I not be doing that type of reset? I thought that reset the provisioning on the phone as well.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
What about the method some people said that required holding down keys while rebooting the phone? Does that not apply to the EVO or should I not be doing that type of reset? I thought that reset the provisioning on the phone as well.

That method is the same way. Doing it the way me and Big D said is the easiest and fastest way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear