How to do manual upgrade of Moto X Pure to Nougat

WCW1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked non-rooted Moto X Pure using AT&T Prepaid. Tired of waiting on the if/or when OTA upgrade. So I found the official 7.1.2 release and need help installing it.

The release is titled HexagonROM-V2.4-20170617-OFFICIAL-clark.zip.

I have been searching and reading but am more confused than ever.

Any help on the best and easiest way to do he manual upgrade greatly appreciated.How to do manual upgrade of Moto X Pure to Nougat

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
"HexagonROM" doesn't sound like an official release.

I have to agree with Ry-Guy on this one. If you don't even know where to start, and think that Hexagon is an official release, then you really should just wait for the "official" release. Trust me, you'll be better off.

On the other hand, if you really want to get into custom roms and figure all that out, there's plenty of documentation out there to take you step-by-step through the process, just make sure you follow directions and read carefully and do all your research before you begin. XDA is a good place to start...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mod note: move from General Help to the Moto X Pure Edition forum.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That ROM *IS* official, according to the filename... but not the official Motorola ROM.

Hexagon - Get It Now !

But the official thread for this custom ROM is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-style/development/rom-hexagon-rom-t3623471

It is officially approved by the developers of Hexagon ROM, thus the "official" status. Often custom ROM's are either official which are approved and developed by the ROM team, and unofficial which a 3rd party uses the source code to make the ROM for a device that is not approved by the ROM team. It is interesting thought that I cannot find the Moto X Pure/Style (clark) as an officially supported device on their website.

Officially, Moto has not released the Nougat update for the Moto X Pure Edition, although it has started rolling out for the Moto X Style (the version for the rest of the world except the US and Canada). Be patient, it should be released soon officially.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got a "New system software available!" on my Moto X Pure. Nougat 7.0 version 25.11.21. I previously had version 25.11.13
Anyone else in the USA getting it?
acejavelin do you know anything?
Could this be an official release?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got a "New system software available!" on my Moto X Pure. Nougat 7.0 version 25.11.21. I previously had version 25.11.13
That's exciting. Just checked and no luck yet.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to capture the OTA link (adb logcat) but I have not been able to see the download url anywhere on the output text.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wait... You previously had 25.11.13?!?! Where did you get that? The Nougat update hasn't rolled out to the general public in the US yet, where you in a soak test or beta program previously?

Also, getting the OTA to 25.11.21 would be nice, but no one could use it... those are to and from version specific and no one has that version.

Weird... Are you sure this is the Moto X Pure Edition (XT1575) retus versions?

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wait... You previously had 25.11.13?!?! Where did you get that? The Nougat update hasn't rolled out to the general public in the US yet, where you in a soak test or beta program previously?

Also, getting the OTA to 25.11.21 would be nice, but no one could use it... those are to and from version specific and no one has that version.

Weird... Are you sure this is the Moto X Pure Edition (XT1575) retus versions?
Hey ace, did you forget? I got the 25.11.13 a while back and when I posted about it, everybody said I was lying. I wasn't in any soak test before nor at the moment. I don't know why they keep sending it to me.
I got it OTA. I got this from the log text: "Blur_Version.25.11.21.clark_retus.retus.en.US"

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey ace, did you forget? I got the 25.11.13 a while back and when I posted about it, everybody said I was lying. I wasn't in any soak test before nor at the moment. I don't know why they keep sending it to me.
I got it OTA. I got this from the log text: "Blur_Version.25.11.21.clark_retus.retus.en.US"
Yeah, I did forget until you mentioned it... and I know you really DID get that update. Glad to see some movement on this, I figured there was something going on behind the scenes that was keeping the XT1575 from getting the update, looks like a fix for something was in the works!

Anyway, hopefully that rolls out to the rest of us sometime soon!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe