Question How to fix App not install error on Android 14?

josephliam147258

May 8, 2024
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 9 Pro phone, and I recently updated it to Android 14. I encountered some issues with app installations, and I initially thought it was a problem with the apps because I had downloaded the APK files from Google Chrome. However, today I tried to download and install the Snake Aim tool APK, but it gave an error saying "App not Installed". Interestingly, I downloaded and installed it on my other Android phone from the same website, which was running on Android 13, and it worked there. Could you please provide a solution as I am facing issues with installing many apps? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be that the developer hasn't properly updated the APK to work correctly on Android 14. Send feedback to them.

I can understand installing the Snake Aim tool as an APK, since it doesn't appear to be available on the Play Store -- but are you installing a lot of other APKs? If so, why? Are they not available either?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with B. Diddy that it most likely a simple issue of the app not being compatible with A14. The site may not be well regulated and developers may not be keeping their app offerings up to date. The thing I believe B. was eluding to with his question of, why are you getting these apps from random online places is that they are likely not as secure as places like Google's Play Store, Amazon's App Store or the OnePlus Store where developers are monitored, apps are checked for malware, and things are a bit more regulated. Really I'm surprised that you haven't run into other compatibility issues going to these type places.

In the meantime, it would probably more helpful if you went to the app developer for help with this. While we can offer you advice on what should work, for how to do things, the developer can offer more insight and specific to their app instructions that we are not able to offer. If this were a Play Store app I would suggest using the, contact developer, link listed with every app.

Best wishes. Tell us what the developer says.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
VidJunky is spot on. In addition, the other reason I asked about why you're installing APKs instead of getting them from the Play Store is that some people look for hacked or modded APKs of legit apps that you normally have to pay for. This is not only illegal (i.e., theft), but it's also a great way to get malware.

Reactions: VidJunky

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 9 Pro phone, and I recently updated it to Android 14. I encountered some issues with app installations, and I initially thought it was a problem with the apps because I had downloaded the APK files from Google Chrome. However, today I tried to download and install the Snake Aim tool APK, but it gave an error saying "App not Installed". Interestingly, I downloaded and installed it on my other Android phone from the same website, which was running on Android 13, and it worked there. Could you please provide a solution as I am facing issues with installing many apps? Thanks in advance.
Which app your trying to download from APK?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335