How to fix G5 with network locked after 10 failed attempts

silviumc

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I've got a G5 that was supposed to be unlocked, but it actually wasn't because the Orange shop had an incompetent clerk.

I put in it a new nanoSIM an it asked for a code. I input the PIN of the SIM and it wasn't the right thing, then, after about 6 or 7 retries I stopped and called Vodafone, my carrier, to see if the new nanoSIM is activated or what's going on? They said it's all right if I block the SIM, they can unblock it, no problem.

Except that the phone wasn't asking for the SIM PIN, but for the network unlock code.

I don't know why I didn't understand that. It's because I wasn't expecting anything of the sort. I just thought that newer phones have a different word for PIN, whatever. I had a coworker with me when doing this, we both had a brain malfunction.

The fact is I used up all the 10 retries.

Then I went to Orange service and they informed me that the baseboard is locked and cannot be reflashed, but instead it must be replaced and it costs $200.

Is that true? Perfectly working hardware has to be replaced because of a human error while inputting data in a field? No reflash possible, no reset? What kind of colossal paranoid made this design decision? Is it because of the carrier (Orange) or because of LG?

Please enlighten me, mobile gurus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii