How to Fix Phone

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello, the last security patch seems to have messed up my phone. The symptom is the memory fills up then the phone locks up and the only way to power it down is to remove the battery. Below are things I tried and did not work.

- factory data reset - works for a short period of time then runs out of memory and no apps work.

- Kies - does not work

- smartswitch does not work.

The only options I see is to try odin and see if I can roll back to a previous os. Below are the specs for the phone from the recovery screen
- MMB29M.G900AUCCU4DQA1
- Samsung/klteuc/kleatt
- 6.0.1 /MB29M/G900AUCU4DQA1
- user/release-keys

Are there any other things to try before sending it to Samsung? It is out of warranty.

TIA

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello, the last security patch seems to have messed up my phone. The symptom is the memory fills up then the phone locks up and the only way to power it down is to remove the battery. Below are things I tried and did not work.

- factory data reset - works for a short period of time then runs out of memory and no apps work.

- Kies - does not work

- smartswitch does not work.

The only options I see is to try odin and see if I can roll back to a previous os. Below are the specs for the phone from the recovery screen
- MMB29M.G900AUCCU4DQA1
- Samsung/klteuc/kleatt
- 6.0.1 /MB29M/G900AUCU4DQA1
- user/release-keys

Are there any other things to try before sending it to Samsung? It is out of warranty.

TIA

Took s5 to bestbuy and Samsung rep reflashed and phone worked. Took about 5 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla18