How to identify rouge app hogging memory

bagarwa

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My Verizon Galaxy Nexus has been running very very slow lately. I'm running AOKP last stable JB build and the RAM bar at the 'recent apps' screen show "665MB used - 30MB Free" most of the times. Even if I 'Kill all apps" from that screen, Free memory doesn't go higher than 42MB ever. I did google search with different keywords but all of them are returning only 'task killer' apps, which I believe don't actually do much good. In theory, Android does memory management on its own and release required memory automatically when a new app needs it. But I'm guessing there's some rouge app in my device which is always reporting "hey, I'm using this memory" and not letting Android reclaim it.

So, I'm looking for an app that can identify which app is using how much of ram at any given time. And maybe how much of CPU time etc... so that I can identify which app is bringing my device to its knees. Any suggestions?

Thanks

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
System Panel shows the memory and CPU time used by apps and processes. The Lite version is free in the Play Store.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

bagarwa

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
System Panel shows the memory and CPU time used by apps and processes. The Lite version is free in the Play Store.

Sent from my SGSIII

This looks like more of a memory hogger issue. Monitoring CPU usage didn't help. Watchdog only reported Lookout as using 40% + cpu sometimes. I'll give System panel a try.