How to keep my phone "alive" for Google Assistant and trusted devices and locations?

call4me_2013

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Phone: Blu Vivo X
Nougat 7.0

My problem is that when I get into my car and my phone is locked my bluetooth device recognises it (as in the bluetooth FM transmitter states "Paired") but Google Assistant won't respond until I manually unlock my phone each time I get in and over a period of time while in my car my phone will lock again so I can't use google assistant without manually unlocking it.

What is challenging me is that even though I have set my bluetooth device in my car (an FM transmitter-KM24) as a trusted device I still have to manually unlock the phone each time I go to use my phone using the KM24.

It may have something to do with the fact that even though I have set locations as "trusted locations" on my phone like my home, office and the KM24 that my phone still goes into lock mode.

I must be missing something in the "Security" settings (which there are a lot of!!-wow! I get lost in settings).

Any suggestions or guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your Google app, tap Menu>Settings, and look at the Google Assistant settings. Select Phone (under Devices) and make sure "Ok Google" Detection and Unlock With Voice Match are turned on. Also select Other Hands-Free Settings and make sure For Bluetooth Devices is turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your App Drawer (i.e., tap the button on the bottom tray that looks like a grid of dots) and look for the app called simply "Google." Tap that, then swipe in from the left. Tap Settings, and go from there.

call4me_2013

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok BDiddy - thanks!!
Was able to find the settings you were referring to. Just a bit new to all this techno stuff. I made the changes and will see how it does. If I don't come back it means all went well and I say thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci