How to limit text message notifications? This use to be a feature....

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm gonna be blunt here. My new GF spam texts me all the time and it's driving me insane.
There use to be a way to do this but I don't see a option in settings anymore..
She will text me 10 times in one minute with one or two word phrases and I'm at the point of losing my mind. I'm so tired of my phone going ape **** over it while I'm at work.
My question is simple....

How do I stop getting new notification till I check/clear the original one?

IE; She sends me a text, I get notified. Then ALL following text/notifications are MUTED till I check/clear the first one.

This use to be a option in settings a long time ago but I no longer see it.

There has got to be away. I am open to buying/using whatever app (legal or not) to end this nightmare.

And yes, I have brought this up to her but she doesnt see it as an issue and it just starts a fight about how I don't care about her. I do care, but I want to keep my sanity too.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which messaging app? Options can change over time, so it's quite possible that option is no longer available on the stock messaging app. You could try a 3rd party SMS app to see if the option is available there.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootje