[How-To] Manual Rooting of LS670ZVH/ZVJ (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

quietude38

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Tried to run step #3, gave me a ton of "out of memory" errors when I try to run /system/bin/sh install-vh.sh as instructed.

Ideas?

ETA: And now it won't boot. FURK. I cannot afford to have bricked this phone. HELP.
ETA2: That must have scared it, because it just booted back up into Android. Still, need suggestions on how to get the ZVH update on it so I can go from Reborn to YourMom.

Last edited:

quietude38

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't have it handy, but every time it tried to write a block, I got an "out of memory" and then I got another "out of memory" when it terminated.

Phone has ~3GB left on the SD card and about 50MB internal memory. Running Reborn v2.2.2 with Xionia recovery.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't have it handy, but every time it tried to write a block, I got an "out of memory" and then I got another "out of memory" when it terminated.

Phone has ~3GB left on the SD card and about 50MB internal memory. Running Reborn v2.2.2 with Xionia recovery.

I would do a full wipe and flash a clean zvd rom. Then follow the directions in the OP.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I was going to say run the ZVD factory restore update.zip, but I think there is something strange going on with your phone and I don't want to make it worse.

quietude38

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say run the ZVD factory restore update.zip, but I think there is something strange going on with your phone and I don't want to make it worse.

Suggestions, then? I haven't had any problems up until now, and it's been on Reborn and nROM before that without a problem.

ETA: Just for fun, I tried to reboot into recovery right after I posted this. Still sitting on the LG logo.
ETA2: After 10 minutes of no progress, did a battery pull and rebooted into Android. Came right up, although it did initially seem to think it was January 5, 1980 at about 7 p.m. Open to ideas here on what I can do to fix the inability to get into recovery.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion is do a backup (nandroid, titanium) before doing anything else and keep it archived on your PC.

Then I suggest you do a ##786# reset (it'll ask for your MSL)

Then I suggest you run the ZVD updater twice.

quietude38

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My suggestion is do a backup (nandroid, titanium) before doing anything else and keep it archived on your PC.

Then I suggest you do a ##786# reset (it'll ask for your MSL)

Then I suggest you run the ZVD updater twice.

OK, how do I do a ##786# reset and how do I get my MSL?

And which ZVD updater?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, how do I do a ##786# reset and how do I get my MSL?

And which ZVD updater?
To get your MSL, call Sprint, ask to be transferred to tech support. Tell them you are having problem with your phone and it keeps saying out of memory so they suggested you do a ##786# reset but now it is asking you for a code and you are stuck. They should give you a 6 digit #, that is your MSL.

The ZVD updater is here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html

NewPollution

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Questions regarding ZVH update

I am currently rooted on ZVD radio. I understand updating to ZVH requires restoring my stock rom, however, I am wondering if it is okay to have Xionia CW recovery installed while I do the ZVH update.

Also in step 3 it says I need to run command prompt, however, I am on a Mac. Is there any workaround for Mac users who want to update to ZVH?

Lastly, I'm always interested in advice from those with experience. Is the ZVH update worth it? Why or why not? Thanks! :):cool:

stlarenas

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Need some help. I am at the end of step four. My phone rebooted and has "Welcome to LG optimus S!" "REQUIREMENT! 16mb of internal memory is required for this software update to Gingerbread. On the next scree you will need to do any of the following...."

BUT when I hit continue and go the the next screen and try and uninstall some programs to free up space, they just hand in the uninstalling prompt...and I never see to actually get the update installed.

Now what?

(I apologize if this has been addressed already in this thread..I skimmed but this is a big thread.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just wasn;t being patient enough. Uninstalled two big apps (netflix and amazon market and the reboot prompt came up...seem to be good to go. On to step #5 :)

Last edited:

Drumgod009

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
After accessing SU, my phone asks for permission, which I ignored and then typed in the "cd/sdcard/root" line and I get this -

C:\zvhrec>adb shell
$ su
su
# cd/sdcard/000root
cd/sdcard/000root
cd/sdcard/000root: not found
#

I've tried several times, have verified that the file 000root is on the top level of the sd card and still it can't find it.... what should I do?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
After accessing SU, my phone asks for permission, which I ignored and then typed in the "cd/sdcard/root" line and I get this -

I've tried several times, have verified that the file 000root is on the top level of the sd card and still it can't find it.... what should I do?

I am on a small screen, so can't be sure, but it looks like the spacing on your cd command is missing a space between cd and /sdcard/000root. There should be a space there. Also you should allow root or the script won't work

Drumgod009

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Ahh...I AM missing a space there, This is the first time I use cmd prompt to work my phone, I've rooted it before with a noobproof program though. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson