how to obtain this darn phone :(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So I get an email saying that the phone that I was interested in is now in stock. Go to the order page and it says delivers in 4-5 weeks. I'm done waiting and not even going to check out the site anymore. Just going to wait for the Note 8 for my next phone.

A few people said they saw that and ordered anyway but got it in a few days.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
A few people said they saw that and ordered anyway but got it in a few days.

I think this is another issue with the Pixel - it seems you can't trust what is said as far as shipping/delivery. This applies to Verizon too.
I like the Pixel, have a blue and a black 32GB model, it is the ordering/shipping stories I see here that turn me off.
I got both of mine from a local independent Verizon dealer when they 1st came out - walked in, walked out with phones.

I'd like to sell the black one, but not enough to go through the process on Swappa - this is just me.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I use Swappa and it really is an amazing sight with very trusted sellers. The site is very protected towards buyers which I like. I've sold and bought a handful of devices. You should check it out

+1 for Swappa. Bought and sold several devices there and never an issue.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Swappa. Bought and sold several devices there and never an issue.

At this point, I wouldn't even bother trying to get a Pixel on Swappa. Sellers recognize the high demand and figure they'd make a good deal above retail on it.

I too am disappointed in Google for not meeting the demand on their popular device. If these supply issues continue into the S8 release, I'd expect them to cut the price in order for it to continue to sell.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting alerts from nowinstock all day today for the 128GB XLs, but at this point, I'm no longer interested in obtaining this phone because it wouldn't ship for 4-5 weeks. I'm just going to wait for the S8/S8+.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been getting alerts from nowinstock all day today for the 128GB XLs, but at this point, I'm no longer interested in obtaining this phone because it wouldn't ship for 4-5 weeks. I'm just going to wait for the S8/S8+.

Well why would you? Didn't you already have it and hate it? :p.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
At this point, I wouldn't even bother trying to get a Pixel on Swappa. Sellers recognize the high demand and figure they'd make a good deal above retail on it.

I too am disappointed in Google for not meeting the demand on their popular device. If these supply issues continue into the S8 release, I'd expect them to cut the price in order for it to continue to sell.
They are actually being sold under retail price. If they are not 128gb XLs you can get a very good deal on one.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I was actually able to swap out my Pixel for a Pixel XL at my local corporate Verizon today. I checked on line and they we the only store with in 50 miles with one. However, I think that's a really good sign. Especially for anyone on Verizon who has been waiting for one.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Seems a bit wierd, how are you able to just swap to the bigger XL? They are all in stock now except blue, black color can ship to you in 32gb in less than a week off the store, the white has you waiting atleast a month and a half. Where you still in your 14 day return window?

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and a couple of stores in my area also have the 32GB XL in stock. I'm now waiting on the 128GB since I sent my 32GB XL back, hopefully Google can get it to me in a decent amount of time after they process that return.

kaneohegrown

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 2x 128 Pixels and a Nexus 5x (moving my entire account from Sprint to fi) on Sat 2/11.

Received shipped notice yesterday, updated today with FedEx delivery by Thursday. Pretty quick turnaround once they got the phones in stock...

Also, ordered directly from Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia