How to place a shortcut on Samsung Galaxy Tab

androcubc

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
Hello,
please, how do I create a symbolic link on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite?

In Linux I do it like this: "$ ln -s <path to source file/folder> <path to target fle/folder>"

or even better via gui.

Thanks, androcubc

Last edited:

androcubc

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
Let me clarify: on my Windows 11 it is called shortcut and on my LIuńux it is called link. It is very easy with both operating systems to place a link to a file, a folder or an app. But I cannot figure it out how to do it on Android :(

androcubc

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
Solution, sort of: installed "EX File Manager" which lets me add shortcuts from files/folders to my Desktop, but only there, not to other (sub)folders.

P.S. How can I correct my horribly misspelled thread title, please?
P.P.S. My whole title is probably misleading for Android users; it should rather be "How to place a SHORTCUT ...". Alas, too late :(

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Solution, sort of: installed "EX File Manager" which lets me add shortcuts from files/folders to my Desktop, but only there, not to other (sub)folders.

P.S. How can I correct my horribly misspelled thread title, please?
P.P.S. My whole title is probably misleading for Android users; it should rather be "How to place a SHORTCUT ...". Alas, too late :(
Fixed the title, as for your question it's resolved?
Moved this to tab s6 forums also

androcubc

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
No, apps, folders or files' shortcuts to homescreen is easy. I am trying to add shortcuts from files/folders not to homescreen but to a different folder, e.g., a link from an Image in Pictures to Documents.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, apps, folders or files' shortcuts to homescreen is easy. I am trying to add shortcuts from files/folders not to homescreen but to a different folder, e.g., a link from an Image in Pictures to Documents.
In the Tab stock file manager called My Files if you long press a file or picture then tap the 3 dots and choose add to home page you should be able to do this

androcubc

Aug 15, 2024
Visit site
In the Tab stock file manager called My Files if you long press a file or picture then tap the 3 dots and choose add to home page you should be able to do this
Wenn I do it I have only the options "add to home screen" and "move to secure folder*. But no option "add to a folder of your choice" or something like that. Hard luck!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wenn I do it I have only the options "add to home screen" and "move to secure folder*. But no option "add to a folder of your choice" or something like that. Hard luck!
That most likely have to create a folder on the home screen then manually put it there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkBubbleHead