how to recover my contacts?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

hi everyone. so i was trying to move my contacts from my galacy a10 phone to gmail account to be able to use them on another device. ALL my sync settings were on. after moving all 800 contacts to the gmail account, i checked the contact manager and it showed that there was none left on the phone and all 800 was on the gmail account. so i thought it was all synced therefore i deleted the gmail account from my phone and added it to my new phone. after turning sync on, there were no contacts on the gmail. i checked google contacts directly and there was 0 contacts in the account. i tried root-less recovery by tenorshare but didnt work. is there any way for me to recover those contacts whithout rooting my phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How exactly did you move the contacts to your Google account? If the contacts had been originally saved to some other account (like a Samsung account), you would typically have to export the contacts to a VCF file, then import that file to your Google Contacts. If you did it some other way, there's more of a chance that it was an incorrect method, and didn't actually save the contacts to your Google account.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you deleted your contacts. Let me explain.

If you were already syncing them there was no reason to attempt to move them. They would have been there already and all you had to do was change devices and sync. Google has a bad habit of not always being clear. We get questions here far too often about lost photos and things where people delete these things in a Google app and think they are only getting things off of their device only to find out that they had actually deleted were not only the items on their device but also their cloud stored items. This is because with Google you actively have to choose to only delete things from your device. It seems silly that this is a choice you have to make but you do.

In the meantime however, Google is good at not ever letting your data out of its reach, did I say that, I meant was not allowing you to make mistakes like this. There is a good chance if you look in your Google trash you will find your contacts there. I don't know how much time it defaults to but I believe it's something like 30 days before items are deleted forever.

Another alternative would be to contact Google. Again they never want to allow your data out of their reach, I did it again, I meant they have back-ups of back-ups, and a call or email to them may get you to someone who can restore your lost items.

Best wishes, let us know how it turns out.

It is 30 days so you're in luck.
b1192d8850f690070893246fd74e51a6.jpg
8bcb9e14c98e0253c4e63ccd275bc31f.jpg