How to reinstall Google Maps

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
How can I reinstall Google Maps?

I uninstalled Google Maps that came with my Sprint HTC Hero and now cannot find it on Androis Market to reinstall. Any suggestions?

I updated my Hero to the latest Sprint HTC update 1.56.651.2
I saw Google Maps had an update for 1.6 users.
I thought that included my Hero, so I promptly uninstalled my Google Maps and proceeded to find and load the latest Google Maps.
I can't find Google Maps on Android Market or directly from Google because Google links to Android Market.
I get a message that reads: There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname:com.google.android.apps.maps
I think I read somewhere the new update 1.56.651.2 prevents you from seeing some apps on the Market?? Is this whats going on???
How can I get Google Maps back on my phone???
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Other than reverting back to the previous software, I would have no clue. Not sure if this helps any, but a great resource for backing the software, rooting etc is in my sig under "root". This will tak you to how to root 1.6 phones, but the website is a vast accumulation of android knowledge. You might find some answers there. Good luck. Sorry to hear about the problems.

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your input Rusty. Still searching. May have to pay a visit to the Sprint store and have them restore to factory.

Is Google stored in ROM if I do a cold restore/reset? Does it go back to "factory" Is there an option to do this and where is it located??

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I believe you can restore factory settings yourself.

Settings --> data syncronization --> factory reset.

Now what this says it does is restores phone to factory settings and erases all downloaded programs so
1. I am not sure it will reinstall an erased program
2. I do not know how you get any apps you paid for back on your phone.

But it might be worth a try.
-spg

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe a factory reset will do the job as the rom on the phone has more than likely been replaced with the custom rom on the phone right now. A factory reset will simply wipe the device, not revert the software.

Mosesisme

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't believe a factory reset will do the job as the rom on the phone has more than likely been replaced with the custom rom on the phone right now. A factory reset will simply wipe the device, not revert the software.

What did you use to load your rom if its twrp or cm i have the gpapps.zip that you could use. It reinstalls all the google apps not just maps though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly