How to remove buttons in chrome?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

What is the difference between the Google button (an app with letter G) and Chrome?

In android google chrome after pressing a new tab I see this (Screenshot https://i.imgur.com/k4m0lyT.png )
How to disable the row of round buttons of recent pages?
How to remove the discover text and settings button?

update add question: What is the difference between the Google button (an app with letter G) and Chrome?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to remove it forever. Do not want to display it at all to waste time removing it one by one. Like the google chrome in desktop pc does not have such icons.
You'll likely have to find a non-Chromium based browser to remove those completely. I don't think you can in Chrome, and other browsers based on it are usually forced to have the same features.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between the Google button (an app with letter G) and Chrome?
Those buttons are your frequently visited websites, almost like a quick access bookmark (though those sites aren't necessarily in your bookmarks). My guess is that button directs to one of Google's websites. Tap it and see where it takes you?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The Google app is the main Google search app, which does much more than search. It has your Discover feed (like a curated newsfeed based on your interests and search history), and it's one of your main ways to access Google Assistant. If you select a search result from the Google app, the link usually opens in a limited browser interface associated with the Google app, rather than the full Chrome browser.