How-To repair your bootloader after using the 2.1 RUU

jwato

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so everything went through (not the smoothest) until I hit step 9. Like a previous poster, I go to

adb shell
su
flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img

and I get no such file or directory. It successfully flashed to the /data/local, did the ls to see if it's there (it is). Not sure what the issue is...

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok so everything went through (not the smoothest) until I hit step 9. Like a previous poster, I go to

adb shell
su
flash_image recovery recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img

and I get no such file or directory. It successfully flashed to the /data/local, did the ls to see if it's there (it is). Not sure what the issue is...

its there but is it named recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img OR recovery-RA-heroc-v152.img look closely 1.5.2 or 152 that was my issue.

jwato

May 19, 2010
Visit site
its there but is it named recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img OR recovery-RA-heroc-v152.img look closely 1.5.2 or 152 that was my issue.

recovery-RA-heroc-v1.5.2.img

Might the problem be I'm not in SU? It only shows #, not $ through the process...if so, how/can I fix that?

jwato

May 19, 2010
Visit site
hmmm well I somehow got it to work, recovery image is flashed so I think I'm good to go. Just my computer was having trouble recognizing the phone and the command prompt was being weird. Whatever, ill take it. Thanks anyway though

aarronbittick

May 16, 2010
Visit site
doom

Which leak did you install? The one that was released the other day? If so, then you are SOL cause thats not a rooted version. The first leak is because it was a developer tester version.

Wow really, yes I did use the new second leak, damn it. well ****, someone dev it plzzzz
. Battery life is atrocious now, and this is crap compared to damage control's 2.08 ROM.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow really, yes I did use the new second leak, damn it. well ****, someone dev it plzzzz
. Battery life is atrocious now, and this is crap compared to damage control's 2.08 ROM.

Some are working on it at XDA. Someone needs an insider at HTC to supply some testkeys and they are good to go, otherwise they are at a standstill.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hmmm well I somehow got it to work, recovery image is flashed so I think I'm good to go. Just my computer was having trouble recognizing the phone and the command prompt was being weird. Whatever, ill take it. Thanks anyway though

# is superuser. It means you have root access. Its a good thing :)

b2bomber81

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah while I was trying to flash my phone last night, there was some problem that my usb disconnected from the phone while it was flashing. Now, whenever I try to access the recovery mode, it gives me the red exclamation point.

Is the flash_image.zip file not needed? Because that's the only one of the two files that I don't have.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Its needed to flash roms.
You have to transfer the file to the sd card using the sdk (adb push recovery-RA-heorc.v1.5.2.img /sdcard/)
You need a good connection unfortunately...

ansuman007

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
first of all i say to you dear that link uhave updated in page this download link is not valid .. so that i have request to you please give me download link thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44