How to Restore Deleted Voicemail from Trash Folder on Galaxy S5

Darr247

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This is not covered in the Voicemail Help, and when I searched Google for the string in the Subject of this post I got 0 relevant hits (closest match was how to restore a deleted email from Trash on an S4).

1) Tap the Voicemail icon on your home screens
2) Tap the Arrowhead icon on the right-hand side of the Inbox title bar (see attached image)
to drop-down the Voicemail Folder Menu
3) Select the Trash folder (see attached image)
S5-Voicemail-FolderMenu.png

4) Select the Voicemail message you desire to recover
5) Tap the 3-dot icon for the Trash folder context menu in the lower-right corner (see attached image)
6) Choose Restore to Inbox from the menu (see attached image)
S5-Voicemail-TrashActionMenu.png

Hope that helps!

Zachman153

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi, its currently about 2AM for me. And I saw this post, I had no idea that you could recover deleted voicemails. My mom passed very suddenly almost two months ago. A week or two before she passed I had cleared my voicemails. I heard my mom's voice again. I have never met you and probally never will. But I love you so much for this. This means more to me than anything right now. Thank you so much.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi, its currently about 2AM for me. And I saw this post, I had no idea that you could recover deleted voicemails. My mom passed very suddenly almost two months ago. A week or two before she passed I had cleared my voicemails. I heard my mom's voice again. I have never met you and probally never will. But I love you so much for this. This means more to me than anything right now. Thank you so much.
Zachman, that gave me happy chills. I lost my dad a few years ago and treasure an old answering machine with his voice; I'll never let it go. Off-topic, I know, but OP really did something wonderful.
Happy for you; so sorry for your loss of your mom.
I hope you have a way to make a backup MP3 so you'll have a more permanent way to preserve her treasured voice. ✌

1rloomis

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Very same issue for me. My Mother died and I lost a beloved voicemail from which I treasured as well as one from my Father. I have a Galaxy S5 with T-Mobile carrier. I have tried for days to recover the messages and tried to follow the instructions for recovering, but I don't seem to have the same icons for voicemail and related inbox, trash, etc. I would be so grateful if someone could help me with this for an S5.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
That is not a stock Samsung feature as shown in post #1 and is probably a carrier app, maybe, AT&T or Verizon carrier minority variants.

hmariew

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm in dire need of help! If anybody has any information I would be forever grateful. Unfortunately my brother passed away on New Year's eve. Right before that, I recently switched over to iPhone. I still have my old android device it is a SamsungGalaxy s5. I went through it and follow the instructions from above and tried to retrieve the voicemails from him. Apparently the voicemail was older than 30 days and is out of my trash. I would do anything to hear his voice one more time. If anybody can help I would be forever grateful! Is there anyway to retrieve Previously deleted voicemailsthat are already removed from the trash section. His funeral is this coming Tuesday, And I would love for my mother to be able to hear his voice again as well. Thank you in advance!

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in dire need of help! If anybody has any information I would be forever grateful. Unfortunately my brother passed away on New Year's eve. Right before that, I recently switched over to iPhone. I still have my old android device it is a SamsungGalaxy s5. I went through it and follow the instructions from above and tried to retrieve the voicemails from him. Apparently the voicemail was older than 30 days and is out of my trash. I would do anything to hear his voice one more time. If anybody can help I would be forever grateful! Is there anyway to retrieve Previously deleted voicemailsthat are already removed from the trash section. His funeral is this coming Tuesday, And I would love for my mother to be able to hear his voice again as well. Thank you in advance!
I am so very sorry for your loss. I would contact your cellphone provider. I know this has become a huge issue since 9/11, and if I recall correctly, restoring voicemails can be done.

Please keep us posted on your situation.

Again, so sorry for your loss of your brother.