How to rip dvd to Full Screen?

Maypo

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am using Free make to rip DVDs but they come out to just using part of the screen. Even if I tell free make to rip to a resolution of 1280x700 pixels it comes out to a small video window when I play back. No matter what video player I use. Can anyone tell me a foolproof method to rip a DVD to a full screen playback on a galaxy tab 10.1?

Maypo

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have tried HandBrake (sorry I did not mention first).
I used that before giving up and trying FreeMake.
Both do the same thing no matter what options I seem to select. The rip the DVD fine but the video that is displayed is almost half the screen width and height.

Can you tell me exactly what settings you use and also what player you use?
Thanks.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're ripping a DVD, you have to keep in mind the resolution and aspect ration for DVD's. That's 720x480 (aspect ration of 1.5). Your SGT is 1280x800 (aspect ration of 1.6). In addition, many DVD's are already showing the movie in a "letter box". So, you can see the result is going to be a picture that is smaller than you might expect.
One solution is to use a ripping program that allows you to "zoom" the picture and clip off the left and right edges of the movie. I haven't used Handbrake in a long time, so I don't know if it has that option
I have been using Slysoft's DVDmobile and have been getting decent results.
DVDmobile has 2 levels of zoom. Unfortunately, it's not free

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Handbrake (Mac) with the 'classic tv' (I think) preset. The only tweak is I set the bitrate to 2,000. Great quality. Probably overkill for a tablet, but it works & I hate trial and error!