[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

Frogger420

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated, no revert need

I want to install g-rom, but I understand that it can't be installed without update to at least ZVH baseband version. I upgraded and rooted mine from this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/119130-how-rooting-ls670zvh-links-root-zvd-zv9.html

On that thread, they said "If you accepted the OTA ZVH update prior to reading this thread or your phone came with ZVH, then use this thread:
[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (automated, no revert needed)"

I'm thinking I'll just use the thread I already tried... Hopefully it doesn't matter if her phone has been on zvh before and then downgraded...

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

The first thread is the original thread to go from rooted ZVD to rooted ZVH. That was the original method we used before there was an exploit that worked directly on ZVH.

So basically, if you are rooted on ZVD, the instructions in the original thread will cover everything need to get to ZVH (including links to the files to download) and be rooted.

If you are already on ZVH, then just directly root it using this thread.

Both will work, just depends where you are starting off from as to which is more applicable.

humbardl

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (automated, no revert needed)

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question ... but ... I have rooted my Optimus S. I would like to put gROM on it to get rid of the bloat. My problem is that I don't know where to find the ROM updater (or which one to use). Maybe if have missed it while reading through everything. Can you please help.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (automated, no revert needed)

Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question ... but ... I have rooted my Optimus S. I would like to put gROM on it to get rid of the bloat. My problem is that I don't know where to find the ROM updater (or which one to use). Maybe if have missed it while reading through everything. Can you please help.

I suggest you look at the grom thread provided in the 2nd post:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...85-rom-grom-2-2-10-16-gb-flash-yes-flash.html

You don't need gROM to get rid of bloat, you can just use titanium to freeze or delete apps. gROM has some additional functions that are useful so you may want to go the extra step of installing it. I suggest making a Titanium backup of your apps before making any changes.

To initially install gROM, you just download the zip file for the ROM from the above thread, boot into Xionia recovery (which you should have already if you rooted with this package), make a backup of your existing setup using Xionia, the install the ROM zip file for gROM, then if you want to be safest, before rebooting, wipe data/factory reset.

humbardl

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

Thank you so much for the fast reply. This pointed me in the right direction ... and now I understand. Again ... many thanks!

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I rooted my optimus using the auto root, and am running the your mom rom, but my phone still has the update bugs, such as sd card removal, no gps, etc. help! What can I do?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Anyone out there?? Also my key board still doesn't work right, no pop up dictionary etc

Your problems aren't related to rooting. I suggest you post your question on the rom's thread. The keyboard problem is a generic zvh problem, it shipped w/o a dictionary for the standard keyboard. Some roms have it fixed.

dwnyfranky

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

i rooted my lg optimus s, everything seemed to work well. i got the superuser app, but its blank(no apps in list).
i cant even open the recovery menu to flash.
any one help?

model LS670
Vers 2.3.3
ZVH

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

i rooted my lg optimus s, everything seemed to work well. i got the superuser app, but its blank(no apps in list).
i cant even open the recovery menu to flash.
any one help?

model LS670
Vers 2.3.3
ZVH
There would be no apps in the list if you have not attempted any action that would need root privileges.

Backup your rooted stock before you either start tampering with it or install a custom ROM. You can get to recovery if you type 'reboot recovery' into an ADB shell or a root terminal on the device. Alternatively, you can use the key combo: Power down; the restart holding Power + Vol Up + Home, let up when you see the LG screen.

erickrocks1126

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

Just rooted my ZVD with the automated optioauto-sfx.exe and it worked like a charm! Thank you!

randy dale

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

Thank u i been trying to root my phone for a month! Program did it in less than a 60 secounds..lg optomas s 2.3.3 rooted!:D

horslaloi

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

Many Thanks to sfhub. I successfully rooted my LG optimus S. What do I do to get my hotspot activated?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Use WiFi Tether or flash a custom ROM. There was also a thread about setting the DUN NAI. You'll need to search a little, I don't have the links handy for the last one.

wc878

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

can you use this if you have taken over the air updates?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it will work with zvd and zvh which were obtained ota

fezntale

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

I rooted and then installed rom manager. I guess this was a mistake. What do I have to do to correct it if needed and what do you suggest to be used as a flash tool? I also ran the backup tool(clockwork mod) and tried to instal a rom you have listed. It did not work once loaded so I had to restore it to the backup. I'm running zvh.

Last edited:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I believe I will direct you to this thread. please read the first line. Please 1, explain "What didn't work". We cannot help you with that description. 2, Take a look at the stickies. There is a thread there that explains what happens if you disobey the first line of above link, and how to fix it. 3, what ROM did you try? 4, what do you mean by "flash tool"? You can just flash it in recovery. (be sure to wipe data, cache, dalvik (under advanced) boot (under mounts and storage) and system. Than install zip from sd card. Most ROMs have instructions in the OP. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe