[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated) + ZVJ (automated)

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVD/ZVH (100% automated, no revert need

beautiful! much thanks! it took a few tries but when it was doing its thing the last time and I could tell it worked I was actually relieved! I finally ended up unrooting and returned to stock so I could finally update to zvh gingerbread so I could try the newest roms. I tried gingerbreak- the app that finally rooted my phone the last time running froyo zvd which didn't work and I tried the gingersnap and one other that I found here but this is the one that worked and was as easy as it could be without being able to run apk on phone (thanks for making the exe, it was nice not having to extract a bunch of files on the computer.)
After not being rooted for a day it made me realize how much I took for granted, I had to uninstall a whole bunch of apps, lost my flash, wasn't able to use alot of my fav apps, I have to say the space thing killed me but all is as it should be once again thank you!

kevo3000

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

After running the exe. it says "we won the battle! Click quiet to exit. I hit reboot then try to run terminal emulator with the command su to see if everything is good and its su denied, busy box also tells me that i need root! This process seems pretty simple am i missing anything..... lg ls670zvd

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

After running the exe. it says "we won the battle! Click quiet to exit. I hit reboot then try to run terminal emulator with the command su to see if everything is good and its su denied, busy box also tells me that i need root! This process seems pretty simple am i missing anything..... lg ls670zvd
Try installing and using Root Checker if you are not sure. It will check for all the requisite files and tell you if you are missing anything.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't recognize the text you are quoting. Could you use option f to enable scroll buffer, then post the log between BEGIN LOG and END LOG

sctbarrett

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Took 2 tries but my phone is rooted You Rock now I can finally get gRom and get rid of the bloatware. Thanks again:D

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the incredible tool, I just got home from having my Optimus replaced, the radio just refused to pick up a signal from anything. A few commands, a little wizardry and POOF! Back to a nicely rooted, custom recovery and no-bs-bloat custom ROM.

:) :) :)

Appling

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

thank you!! im not much of a techie at all plus, i dont really understand sometimes what to do even when the rootinng inst. are right in front of my face. lol. coulld ya pm me when yyour done??? thx a lottzz

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Could this be fixed to work with the zvj update at some point? I know we can root zvj using an old zvh method, but sometimes using adb makes me want to punch kittens...lol

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Could this be fixed to work with the zvj update at some point? I know we can root zvj using an old zvh method, but sometimes using adb makes me want to punch kittens...lol
I'm working on automating the older method as much as possible as well as looking into exploits that might work with ZVJ.

Reactions: Zhara

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm working on automating the older method as much as possible as well as looking into exploits that might work with ZVJ.

Thank you! :) I already rooted using your old zvh method, but if I ever need to again it would be much faster to use this.

policetac

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

This is my second Ls670 Root. This ine was quick to find, easy to understand, and worked flawlessly first time!
If you're following this thread, could you please respond? I've got some great info, and a few questions.
Thanks!

Ps. Just because it ain't broke, it doesn't mean you can't fix it! :)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

This is my second Ls670 Root. This ine was quick to find, easy to understand, and worked flawlessly first time!
If you're following this thread, could you please respond? I've got some great info, and a few questions.
Thanks!

Ps. Just because it ain't broke, it doesn't mean you can't fix it! :)
Just ask in the thread or PM and I'll try to answer.

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Maybe this was asked so if I missed it, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I used the Zergrush root method a while back on my phone which already had 2.3 installed. Now I just got the prompt for the new version (ZVJ?) the other day. I cancelled it for now.

Does installing that break the root or will it still be rooted?

Also, if it does break it, is there another way to root ZVJ if this one doesn't currently work? I don't need it rooted for much other than Wireless Tether every once in a while, but it's still nice.

Oh, and anyone know if ZVJ will allow me to finally install that voice mail update that it's been bugging me about for the last few months?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Does installing that break the root or will it still be rooted?
Root will be removed. The ZVJ update.zip formats /system

Also, if it does break it, is there another way to root ZVJ if this one doesn't currently work? I don't need it rooted for much other than Wireless Tether every once in a while, but it's still nice.
Testing an automated ZVJ rooting script here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-zvj-rooting-automation-please-help-test.html

Oh, and anyone know if ZVJ will allow me to finally install that voice mail update that it's been bugging me about for the last few months?

Try asking on this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...acks/165130-ls670zvj-update-coming-4-4-a.html

Akido

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

im experiencing an issue that im HOPING you'll be able to resolve for me sf...
ive checked, double checked,and even TRIPLE checked to make sure everything was up to snuff (ie sd card is mounted, usb debug is on, usb mass storage is off, downloaded and installed lg usb storage/driver).

now, here is the dilemma that im facing:

ive dowloaded the auto root file and followed the directions in the op and verified that i met all prerequisits (including where it said to just run the .exe instead of going and unzipping it).

after having gone through the auto-rooting process 6-7 times, this is what its telling me:

...Running Zerg exploit...
Unable to chmod zergrush: no such file or directory /data/local/tmp/install-zerg-auto.sh: ./zergrush: not found
----Status of Zerg on PREVIOUS few lines----
waiting for device to be connected [presws CTRL-C to cancell]... Found Device

Installing persistant root... mount: operation not permitted
install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/flash_img: permission denied
unable to chmod /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory
unable to chmod /system/bin/flash_image: no such file or directory
install-root.sh: cannot create /system/app/superuser.apk: permission denied
unable to chmod /system/app/superuser.apk: no such file or directory
unable to chmod /system/app/superuser.apk: no such file or directory
install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/su: permission denied
unable to chmod /system/bin/su: no such file or directory
unable to chmod /system/bin/su: no such file or directory