How to stop certain apps from functioning automatically when my phone starts?

ttcchen

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Cuz some apps starts functioning right away AUTOMATICALLY after my phone started, and that drained battery VERY QUICKLY, so I want to know how to keep certain apps closed, and only start functioning after I hand-did it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 by the way.

Oh and I tried to stop the app, like close them, but the only option I found is 'Force Stop', and that doesn't sound safe...:-X

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Force stop is like the X in the upper right cornet of a Windows app - it closes the app.

To stop an app from starting automatically. look for startup or boot manager in the Play Store.

ttcchen

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried boot manager but it said I need to download Exposed Framwork in certain forum (not in Playstore) so it doesn't work.

ttcchen

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I tried boot manager but it said I need to download Exposed Framwork in certain forum (not in Playstore) in order to use it, and I can't find that forum. Now I'm using startup and it told me to download the updated version called All-in-one Toolbox and it's working fine. Thanks anyway.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Greenify may be good, but the instructions don't make sense. It needs a decent English translation.

AC App on SGS3

ttcchen

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Instructions? What instructions are you talking about? When I opened greenify, there's no instructions, there was a list of apps I downloaded, and I can choose which to close when my phone starts, that's all. No instructions or something explaining to me how the app works.

D Martel

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Contacted Slacker about the problem of automatically starting when I started the car. They told me to install "Bluetooth Connect & Stop Play" from GooglePlay. Solved the issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. It was starting either download music or Slacker Radio when I got in the car. Interesting that it didn't start Spotify, my preferred player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61